Looking to Lower Gen II - Any Recommendations?

SavoBusa

Registered
Looking at lowering my '08. Need triple clamp, lowering links, and kickstand (?). I know we have sponsors on the oRg, but several of them have the products I need. Just wanting to get some recommendations from the knowledgeable folks on here. Any help is greatly appreciated!

:beerchug:

I bought most of my stuff off of ebay

100_1676.jpg

100_1678.jpg

100_1677.jpg

Nothing wrong with lowering your bike, makes it look really cool. Just keep in mind you place a huge handicap on your suspension's performance by doing so!

I bought most of my stuff off of ebay

coreywiley your bike looks strangely familiar... :laugh:

SANY0275.jpg

also will need a harder (i ran a 1300lbs) spring if going over say four inches. new chain, might as well buy a new rear sprocket, can't really ride two up. did i miss anything?

Last edited:
what ever you do I would strongly suggest staying away from yani shiki products for the lowering clamp, they definatly fall within the saying of you get what you pay for. Just my two cents. I have had decent luck with there cosmetic (covers/caps ect..) just not there functional stuff.... triple clamps and such

Brocks Tripple tree & strap, Soupy's adjustable rear lowering links, and "stock" kick stand! :beerchug:

how low do you have it?

I understand when you strap it your sitting on it so the stock kicker wouldnt be an issue there but my 02" was slammed front and rear 3",stretched 6over,no way would I leave the stock kicker on there,she was pretty much straight up and down, 2" lower wasnt much better,but to each their own,I wasnt taking any chances she would get tipped over

nice swingarm,like the paint:thumbsup:

Looking at lowering my '08. Need triple clamp, lowering links, and kickstand (?). I know we have sponsors on the oRg, but several of them have the products I need. Just wanting to get some recommendations from the knowledgeable folks on here. Any help is greatly appreciated!

:beerchug:

Think you would only REALL NEED a new kick stand if you went more than 2 in back. If you are gonna slam it, then 4 sure you will need one.

coreywiley your bike looks strangely familiar... :laugh:

SANY0275.jpg

also will need a harder (i ran a 1300lbs) spring if going over say four inches. new chain, might as well buy a new rear sprocket, can't really ride two up. did i miss anything?

Just to lower the bike you will not need a new spring/rebuild. If you are stretching it, you for sure will wanna look into rebuild, revalve and respring.

I cut 2" off my stock kickstand and re-welded it, looks completly stock. Went with soupys adjustable lowering links in back and a roaring toys top clamp up front. I like both products.

Need a triple clamp, adjustable lowering links, and new kickstand. You need to think abount what you want to do next. Do you want bling, are you going to stretch, etc. That will help determine what parts to get. Soupy's, a sponsor here, has the links.

how low do you have it?

I understand when you strap it your sitting on it so the stock kicker wouldnt be an issue there but my 02" was slammed front and rear 3",stretched 6over,no way would I leave the stock kicker on there,she was pretty much straight up and down, 2" lower wasnt much better,but to each their own,I wasnt taking any chances she would get tipped over

nice swingarm,like the paint:thumbsup:

Ya, mines not SLAMMED until i strap it. I raised the tubes a through the tree about 1.5" and match the rear with a slight rake. I can ride it all over unstrapped(and im 6' 250lbs)and NEVER scrape or rub anything(its stretched about 3.5" also), and the stock kick stand still works good! :thumbsup:
Another thing you could do is grind a "little"(which makes a BIG difference)off the kick stand stop, this will allow even further lowering.

I slammed mine 1 1/2 in the front and 1 inch in the back. I got my triple tree cover from Myrtlewest.com ($149) and dogbones from roaringtoyz.com ($49). I'm still running the stock kickstand. The only small and I mean small problem I have is with it being lowered in the front my levels will hit the gauge beziol when I turn all the way to the right or left. other than that no problems. It handles like a Gixxers 750 in curves being lowered, but it will still come up on you if you are not careful.

Back