General rule of thumb for lowering front and rear proportionally?

After reading all of this and talking with sixpaxk77 yesterday i raised mine back up to where the fork tubes are even with my tree. It seems to be a little lighter feeling in the front now. I had it where the forks were through .375 or 3/8 of an inch. It looked great but never felt good in the handling area. You really cant tell that much of a difference in the look. I have the Brocks 3 hole ones on the back of mine with it in the middle hole. Here is a pic of it now

Just so I'm understanding this right, the pic of the bike is with the tops of the fork tubes flush with the tree and the Brocks 3 hole link set in the middle hole?

Sorry I put the wrong one up. For some reason it will not let me load the ones I took today. I will try back in a few and see what happens. Yes the back is in the middle hold. I checked to make sure :laugh: The front is only 3/8 of an inch higher but you really cant tell. Hope this helps.

Ok Here they are

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

How does the bike handle with the Brocks link in the middle hole and the fork tubes flush?

To be honest it ok for me. I am not that aggressive of a rider in the curves but in a straight line it is fine for me. From reading what others say if you like the curves I would not do it. For just cruising I think you will be OK. Before I lowered it in the front it felt a lot better in the mountains. I have hurt my back since then and I know that has the most to do with it. I just cant seem to move the bike like I need to anymore. One way to look at it is you can always go back to stock if you don't like it. The links for the back are not that much and you can get the spacers to do the front for about the same price. It's no trouble to change either one. You can do a search I am sure it's a lot of threads on it. Here is a link Hyabusa Front Lowering Kit, Hyabusa Handlebar Risers, Hyabusa Comfort You use these with the stock tree Best of luck

Wouldn't the adjustable threaded lowering links allow to you drop it only 1" in back?
SOUPY'S MOTORCYCLE LOWERING KITS, HONDA LOWERING, KAWASAKI LOWERING, YAMAHA LOWERING, SUZUKI LOWERING, TRIUMPH LOWERING, SPEED TRIPLE LOWERING, STREET TRIPLE LOWERING, GSXR LOWERING LINK, GSXR LOWERING KIT, RAISING LINKS, RISER LINK, KAWASAKI ZX14 LO

When I put the new triple on mine, I got the adjustable links mainly so I can put the rear exactly where I wanted it as far as steering feel. Later on, when my wife tried to ride I realized I had the rear too low and the tire would hit the rear brake light so made it easy to slightly adjust the rear up a little more to clear.

Wouldn't the adjustable threaded lowering links allow to you drop it only 1" in back?
SOUPY'S MOTORCYCLE LOWERING KITS, HONDA LOWERING, KAWASAKI LOWERING, YAMAHA LOWERING, SUZUKI LOWERING, TRIUMPH LOWERING, SPEED TRIPLE LOWERING, STREET TRIPLE LOWERING, GSXR LOWERING LINK, GSXR LOWERING KIT, RAISING LINKS, RISER LINK, KAWASAKI ZX14 LO

When I put the new triple on mine, I got the adjustable links mainly so I can put the rear exactly where I wanted it as far as steering feel. Later on, when my wife tried to ride I realized I had the rear too low and the tire would hit the rear brake light so made it easy to slightly adjust the rear up a little more to clear.

Yes, they will allow you to adjust anywhere in between the settings mentioned. I think he was just trying to use the pre drilled link he has. I have a couple of pre drilled links but recently went with a fully adjustable link and I do like it much better.

I change mine back and forth quite often and it's much easier and safer to do with one person.

I believe I went with Soupy's stock to -3 inch links and they actually appear to allow you to raise about an inch or lower up to 3 inches or about as low as you can go with a stock wheel base and tire set up.

Thanks for the input, guys.

Since the Brock's link was already on the bike, I was going to try and run with what I have (bike also has an Exotic Cycle top clamp). I do enjoy the twisties, so I will probably run the stock ride height 99% of the time. Just figured it would be cool to drop her every now and then since the parts to do so are on the bike.

I'll be picking up my Busa this weekend and it's already been lowered some time ago. Can you tell mr where to take measurements is I can determine front and rear height. I have a feeling I will at least want to bring the rear up for two-up riding/touring adsowill probable raise the frontman equal amount. But want to know what my starting point is.

Thanks fr the assistance!

Back