Question for you high speed maniacs

NightStalker

Registered
And I mean maniacs in the most friendly way imaginable  
oops.gif

This is the question: correct me if I am mistaken, but for the 0-60 mph (0-100 km/h), 0-120 mph (0-200 km/h) and 0-180 (0-300 km/h) I always thought the busa's times were something like 3, 7, 15 seconds ... Is this correct?

I'm asking this because I most recently heard from a VERY reliable source (being Top Gear, best car program in europe) that a McLaren F1 LM (1.1 ton, 650hp, probably the best car ever built) takes 28 (!!!) seconds to get to 180 mph. Is either of these times mistaken? Or does the busa really kill something that fast that hard. I've never taken my busa up against anything faster than a porshe 911 or a Vette, and I couldn't really call that a race, more like slaughter, so I wonder: Is the busa really so superiour to ANY car as I now imagine?

oops.gif

This is the question: correct me if I am mistaken, but for the 0-60 mph (0-100 km/h), 0-120 mph (0-200 km/h) and 0-180 (0-300 km/h) I always thought the busa's times were something like 3, 7, 15 seconds ... Is this correct?

I'm asking this because I most recently heard from a VERY reliable source (being Top Gear, best car program in europe) that a McLaren F1 LM (1.1 ton, 650hp, probably the best car ever built) takes 28 (!!!) seconds to get to 180 mph. Is either of these times mistaken? Or does the busa really kill something that fast that hard. I've never taken my busa up against anything faster than a porshe 911 or a Vette, and I couldn't really call that a race, more like slaughter, so I wonder: Is the busa really so superiour to ANY car as I now imagine?
Never timed it, but have spent many countless hours doing it.
Those figures sound like they may be pretty close to me.
Mybe closer to 18 sec for the 300 thing, I'm thinkin, but could be wrong.
I'll time it this week and get back to ya.

Whatever you do, don't die trying ;-)
Very much obliged btw

I'd do it myself, but can think of no way to do it. And, no, I'm not going to punch a chrono while doing 185mph ...

And even so: 18 seconds ... damn ...

A Busa is geared to run on TOP and BOTTOM end.
Most TOPEND cars can only run TOPEND, making their lowend, suck!
If you ran next to one of those cars from , say, 150 and up, it would be much closer.

Hey Sleeper,

Could you give an example? Something I might meet on the road? I have seen 70 mph roll ons. Busa Vs Supra, and the supra clinged on, but that was a 700 hp car, nothing standard.

Well,
I have a 96 Corvette. The rear end gear is high. It's a loooong winded car!

It might go 165-175, but it takes 3 miles to get there.

A Busa can get there in a mile.
A Busa would KILL my car!

Now if we ran from , say, 150 or so, it would still kill me, but just not quite as bad.

A Busa has it everywhere, where a vette isn't all that strong down low.

I hope I worded that right, I'm starting to confuse myself
11doh.gif

Not sure about the stock anymore. Many tricked out Busas will hit 200+mph on the gps in 8/10's or 9/10's of a mile. 203-211mph I have witnessed and been there. Gears and hp lot different then stock though...

A stock Busa will smoke any street-car made, including the McLaren in an acceleration contest.

They may have more top-end, but the Busa will be so far ahead by the time they get to top end, it does not matter...

It takes a 800-900 rwhp car to stay with a stock Busa, and that is only from a roll-on of about 60-70 mph. A Busa will still smoke it from a standing start.

Up top, like from say 160 mph, some of the faster cars will outrun the Busa, but not many. (I'm not referring to modified, but stock, like the McLaren, the F-40, the Photon, and the Diablo) You gotta spend lotsa moola to do it though...

oops.gif

Never timed it, but have spent many countless hours doing it.
Those figures sound like they may be pretty close to me.
Mybe closer to 18 sec for the 300 thing, I'm thinkin, but could be wrong.
I'll time it this week and get back to ya.
Pulled the bike up to over 300 klms per hour a few times this week, but haven't had a chance too time it yet.
Will soon.

The McLaren F1 gets from 0 - 200 MPH in 28 seconds...  Hits 180 MPH in approximately 22 seconds.  

Click to see a spreadsheet of the fastest cages (along side the 'busa, Gixxer 1000, and ZX-12).

Not sure of all of the figures...  If you know any that I left blank (or ones that are incorrect), please let me know and I will update it.

Also, if you know of additional vehicles (preferably production) that are deserving of making the list, lemme know.

BTW - For those of us looking for something to LAUGH @, I included the Ford F-150 SVT Lightning...  It is not bad for a TRUCK...  But, how dare they try and "run" with the bus!  Heehee.

-Vaughn.

The McLaren F1 gets from 0 - 200 MPH in 28 seconds... Hits 180 MPH in approximately 22 seconds.[/QUOTE]
Thx for clearing that out ... had me pretty puzzeled. The problem is translation: 185mph = 300kmh, yet most media translate 200mph as being 300kmh ... wich is obviously incorrect ...

But, how dare they try and "run" with the bus! Heehee.[/QUOTE]
You'd be surprised how many retards I have to enlighten on a daily basis. And I'm not talking about that F-150, coz that would SMOKE those guys. I'm talking about 18-20 second cars ...

I'd rather not waste my time, energy, and fuel on them.[/QUOTE]
True, they aren't worth the hassle ... But it's SO much fun to see the look on their faces at the next intersection. And btw: I always drive like a twit, no matter who's beside me.

Good to know I'm not the only twit here ... God knows how BORING driving here in Europe is. Hoping to catch a job with some transatlantic airline soon, then I can come and annoy you guys IRL every week
drink.gif
jump9.gif
drink.gif

drink.gif

BORING???

Nightstalker you been spending too much time in Amsterdam?

Dude you have Southern France, Italy, Spain, German AutoBahn, and do I need to mention the Alps?

Hell on any given weekend you can be playing on real roads with much better drivers, having a ball.

Or were you using Sarcasm?
rock.gif

Oh yeah, couple of nights ago I had a Pizza delivery guy in a trashed 5.0 Mustang GT leave the light like he was showing me something...I love the Busa because I truly have Nothing to prove...Except to a guy on a SP-2 Honda. He mentioned that it can out accelerate a Busa everyewhere until about 150 or so...educated him, a couple roll ons later, nothing he did made a difference, he was back there sucking Busa Vapor. From a light he would leave me for about a bike length but thats my lack of Launch technique showing... I would pull right past by about 50 though, I proved my point.

Nightstalker you been spending too much time in Amsterdam?[/QUOTE]
I don't go to Amsterdam to buy pot ... ... ... I go to Terneuzen, coz A'dam is way to far ;)

Dude you have Southern France, Italy, Spain, German AutoBahn, and do I need to mention the Alps?  

Hell on any given weekend you can be playing on real roads with much better drivers, having a ball.

Or were you using Sarcasm?[/QUOTE]
Wasn't making myself very clear: plenty of good roads, just no friends to drive with. I had two driving buddies, but one moved to qatar and the other to some south-american country, peru I think.

my lack of Launch technique showing[/QUOTE]
Hehe, I have that too, lot's of of it (lack of it I mean). That's what I call fun: you can screw up all you want at launch, because as soon as you hit 5.000 rpm, it simply doesn't matter anymore ...

heheh, i agree with that. I'm no good in the first meters, mainly 'cause i don't like the front wheel going up or the back wheel wasting rubber on the road, but when the 'Busa gets in warp position, then... bye bye
smile.gif
I showed that to a friend in a RF900... he was astonished when my Busa left him alone suddently (LOL)

... and yes, that Busa vs Supra is a special race since you can see another one with a modded Busa, that stands up and faces that DEVILISH car
smile.gif
- it has nitro boost hasn't it?

smile.gif

Back