Question about front sprocket speed sensor allen head bolt

coop65sr

Donating Member
Registered
I am changing out my front sprocket and am having a little trouble getting the "allen head" bolt to come out--- this is the bolt that holds the speedometer sensor piece to the outside of the front sprocket.... you have to pull this off then the big nut that holds the front sprocket on...
Is this allen head bolt regular threaded or is it left hand threaded??? I have done this in the past but for the life of me can't remember which way it comes out....been in there for a while and is being stubborn coming out and I didn't want to break it off, so thought I'd ask ..... thanks in advance guys/gals....:beerchug:

this is the allen head bolt I am talking about (1)....

pic.jpg

regular thread. some times it helps to have someone hold the rear brake lever down so you can break it loose.

It's likely lock-tited in but has to be removed first before big bolt....

Yep, conventional thread guys.... thanks for your input--- finally got it to turn loose after I got my son in on it with me:laugh: son-of-a-gun was forever more on there though....which would also be my fault for overtightening it the last time I changed front sprockets...
Ain't it sad when you start getting older:rofl: I couldn't remember for the life of me which way that dang bolt came off...got it though:thumbsup: THANKS GUYS:beerchug:

Using an air wrench is a handy asset for removing this pesky little mongrel as well as the sprocket. Be sure to usea torque wrench for installing both!

Don't forget the locktite for reinstall, mine ended up working itself loose even with some and the proper torque
Posted via Mobile Device

Hand held impact driver is awful handy in situations like that .
Two drops of blue Locktite on the threads when it goes back on .

Back