Allen bolt stripped

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
I was pulling the rear bodywork of my bike, this is the first time it had been off since new and the damn allen on the front left (almost under the seat) stripped out. I had to drill the head off and in the process scratched up part of the indentation where the bolt goes. Any one got and extra bolt laying around, and what is the paint code, and the best place to get it, for the red on the 05 black and red? Thanks for the help.

If your talking about the larger of the two button head allens that hold the fairing on, I did just about the exact same thing. Damn thing stripped out on me and I broke a bit trying to drill it out, which left a nice little mark next to the bolt. Wound up buying one of those bolt extractor kits from sears and a nice shiny 9 DOLLAR allen bolt from Zuki. Oh yeah and the touch up paint too. Fun Day. NOT.

I was just telling DJ about the same thing at the DC Bike Show. I have to do the same d*** thing.

An easy fix for that sort o stuff is to take all the fairing bolts out when your bike is new and dab them with neverseize and reinstall them. Problem is solved. I always do that on every new bike. Makes life much easier as time goes along. I neverseize most everything unless it's critical to the bikes performance?

I was just telling DJ about the same thing at the DC Bike Show. I have to do the same d*** thing.
Be VERY carefull. Its easy to scratch up the paint. I found that if you put a few layers of masking tape around the area you can eliminate most of the scratches. Good luck!

Also get a set of "T" handle allen wrenches it helps alot on getting the body work off .

Same year bike (but the faster black and grey scheme), same bolt, same problem.

You don't want to know the damage I've done ...

Guys, i've got a bud with extra little busa bolts. PM me with what you need and i should be able to get them free of charge.

Yeah if you use SAE its close but it WILL strip the hole.

GSXtacy , I got one for you PM me your address.

I also got another one if someone else needs it.

personally,I never just drill the head off. I'll take a dremel with cut off wheell installed,and cut a groove into the top making a standard fastener out if it. Few whacks with the impact driver,good to go. Unless there's no plactics around,then out comes the mig. Or drill off head,but leave room for vice grip,remve plastics,use torch to heat around bolt,metal expands,bolt practically falls out.

hope yer not screwed anymore
tounge.gif
RSD.

You can buy these bolts at your local home depot. Shower head section.

<!--EDIT|hionbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137800157 -->

Really ?? Thats cool , I might just get a couple and get them powdercoated.

An easy fix for that sort o stuff is to take all the fairing bolts out when your bike is new and dab them with neverseize and reinstall them. Problem is solved. I always do that on every new bike. Makes life much easier as time goes along. I neverseize most everything unless it's critical to the bikes performance?
+1, I did this almost immediately, especially after hearing problems that others have had. Buy the good craftsman T handles and you should not have any problems.

I did every bolt on mine, including the fender. Some of those Biotches were TIGHT!!!!!!!! If I had left them for a year, I would have never gotten them off.......

Bikebandit.com for any parts ya need... search under 01-02 hayabusa for anything for 01-06... There database is out of date. They have EVERYTHING...!!!

Back