speed sensor

trevor

Registered
Hey guys , hoping you can give me some help.

Iwas taking off my front sprocket and hit and broke one of the four little pieces off the speed sensor:( Can I stick it back on with some JB weld, or should I just buy a new one? I had already taken the back tire off and was back wrenching the sprocket nut to get the speed sensor allen head bolt off and the wrench slipped off.

:beerchug:OK I will go order today. My stupidity but its not worth screwing around if it is going to be a problem. I thought it might only effect the speedo reading.

yeah, its a learning curve. I like to do all the work myself. Today I'm going to finish putting on the new PIP X ring chain and 17 42 sprockets and the new rosso rear tire. The chain has the rivit link, not the masterlink. Bought a tool for it, seems like it will be pretty straight forward. Hope I get this right on the first try. I should probably order a couple extra incase I need to take it off in the future.

:beerchug:

on the chain replacement just mushroom the ends on the new link so they LQQK like the thers in the new chain don't over tighten with chain tool :rulez:

Thanks for the heads up! I have a vernier caliper and the manual states the correct demensions for the link so Ithink it should go well. I'll post how I made out when I'm done.

the chain turned out perfect! so releived... the dealer made it seem like it was going to be so hard!

Back