Question about Brock exhaust

zx9r

Registered
I recently purchased a Yosh R77 full exhaust. I had the whole thing ceramic coated. Now I'm second guessing myself about the Brock exhaust. How much louder is this exhaust than the one I currently have?

Brock exhaust.jpg

I've got the same alien head full race setup. It's pretty damn loud but I like it. I leave the baffle in as it helps with low end torgue during regular riding. I think with the baffle it's still over 100 decibles. It's crazy loud without the baffle!

Wait, I think I've been taken! I didn't get the beautiful hardware mounted on the top of the exhaust in the first pick.

zx9r i love brock there service and performance is hard to beat... call the shop and talk to the guys and see what you think for yourself

I had the Alien Head on my Gen I busa for about two months. I couldn't take it any longer than that. TOO LOUD for me
I now have a Yosh R77 on my Gen II. I like it much better. It makes enough power and sound for me.

I switched from Yosh to Brocks short meg. Quite a bit louder but the performance increase and the service from Brocks is second to none.

I want that blk a/h sooo bad do they sell it that way i couldnt find one in matt blk.. I feel all tingly inside

I recently purchased a Yosh R77 full exhaust. I had the whole thing ceramic coated. Now I'm second guessing myself about the Brock exhaust. How much louder is this exhaust than the one I currently have?

I recently emailed Yoshimura and asked about the db levels of the R55 and R77. This is what they told me:

With the inserts removed the R77 will be about 100-102dB and the R55
will be about 107-109dB. Thanks!

Lauren x.428
Yoshimura Sales
Returns and Warranties
1-800-634-9166
lwaters@yoshimura-rd.com

On the Brocks website they post the following disclaimer:

ATTENTION: ALL Brock’s Performance “GP Styleâ€￾ Megaphones (Alien Head, Short Meg, Street Meg Shorty) mufflers are VERY LOUD. (Most register approximately 108 dB/A measured on the “Aâ€￾ scale at ½ indicated red line RPM at a distance of 0.5 meters (20 inches) in accordance with SAE J1287. The addition of our BPP-NRP2-19 Noise Reduction plug results in a measurement of approximately 106 dB/A which is still VERY LOUD. All Brock’s Performance exhaust systems are FOR RACE USE ONLY with no D.O.T., C.A.R.B., or EURO emissions or sound approval. Consult local authorities for the requirements in your area. Brock’s Performance will not be responsible for noise violations (tickets) or any additional expenses incurred to convert or exchange any systems to a more socially acceptable sound level.

Can't tell from the Yoshi info if the db was measured the same, but anyway hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback.. I really like the way Brock looks but I want to draw to much attention to myself. The louder the bike it seems everyone assumes you are speeding...

The Busa guys have thought of everything! Lucky for you they made sure to include a crappy speedomoter so you're not really sure whether or not you're speeding....

The louder the bike it seems everyone assumes you are speeding...

Thanks for the feedback.. I really like the way Brock looks but I want to draw to much attention to myself. The louder the bike it seems everyone assumes you are speeding...

I hate when those darn LEO's do that... j/k :laugh:

ANYONE HAVE A WORKING LINK TO BROCKS? I GOOGLE AND EVERYTHING I TRY COMES UP DEAD LINK?

I KNOW I JUST FAILED AT THE INTERNET:moon:

Back