put on a Gen2 tail conversion

nabusa

Registered
I love this tail end, it's so sexy. Forgot how bright this tail light is and now I have rear turn signals that aren't ugly :thumbsup: I got smoked corner lights because I couldn't find oem ones. I was mad at first but they actually look good smoked since the matches the oem 1300R sticker. Now I am debating whether to paint my whole bike pearl white of have some kind of paint scheme where the red is ripping off into the white pearl in the back. Choices :whistle:

busa.jpg

busa1.jpg

I cant stand the gen 2 tails, but for some off reason, this tail doesnt look bad on your bike. I would say paint the whole bike pearl white.

Hi Nabusa, are those Gen 2 gauges you have on your Gen 1? What is involved to get them working?

I love this tail end, it's so sexy. Forgot how bright this tail light is and now I have rear turn signals that aren't ugly :thumbsup: I got smoked corner lights because I couldn't find oem ones. I was mad at first but they actually look good smoked since the matches the oem 1300R sticker. Now I am debating whether to paint my whole bike pearl white of have some kind of paint scheme where the red is ripping off into the white pearl in the back. Choices :whistle:

That does look pretty sick. Might have to go Gen II tail since they don't make an undertail worth a damn for the Gen I anymore. The Top-gun/ Alien was the best IMO. Lined up perfect and flowed really well with the lines of the bike. Anyway- get that pearl paint bro!

Yes they are, you have to swap in the Gen2 motor to make it work. As it will not work with the Gen1 ecu's/wiring harness.

Found a little movie someone made from my bike :laugh:

2003 Hayabusa with gen II tail - YouTube[/url]

Look at 720p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back