Tail eliminator

Puck

Registered
Just purchased my Busa last week. First thing to go was that mud flap tail section. I ordered the fender eliminator and rear tire hugger from http://www.carbotex.com/ I have not painted them yet, wanted to see how they looked gloss black.

I also ordered a brake light turn signal integrator from http://www.flashalert.com. I didn't want to install the turn signals with the Pyramid tail. The tail eliminator curves, this does not allow the signals to be mounted evenly. The integrator use's the left and right brake lights for turn signals. There is also an option to have the brake lights flash when applying the brakes. I am using the flash option right now, but I may change it back to the steady brake light. The flash option makes your bike more visible when sitting at a traffic light. It may save me from being rear-ended someday.

How do you like it???

Tail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks sweet, I modified your post so that the pic would be in the link....

Sweet!!! I like that. Nice color choice by the way(HeHe) My bike will be here in 10 days or less. There is a waiting list for the Silver/Grey. Very popular color this year, they offered money off of a black/blue one, but I said no. I need to visit those site and order those kits, were they hard to install?

Billy

Puck,

How would you compare your R1 to the Busa?? Acceleration, comfort, fun factor?? Thanks..............

I bought the R1 new in May ‘99; I was on a waiting list for five months.  The R1 is a blast to ride, very light and it dives into corners.  The bike is so light I can’t keep the front end on the ground, when I’m running hard through the gears the front tire starts to skip around 9,000rpm.  I have made a few modifications to the R1 (tail eliminator, steering damper, frame sliders, flush mount turn signals and a full M4 exhaust).  I took the bike to Sabin Performance in Dallas and its making 143.4hp and 74.8 torque.  The R1 is not made for long cruses; I need to stop every 100 – 115 miles for gas and a stretch.  My but starts to go numb and the wrists get sore.  The R1 is a wheelie monster, roll the throttle and the front end starts to go air-born.  

I wanted the Hayabusa for a high-speed cruiser that I could also do some drag racing with.  I picked the bike up on Jan. 31st and have 700 miles so far.  The bike is not a disappointment, it feels heavier (of course) then the R1, but once your moving the bike is very balanced.  The acceleration is addicting and smooth, I have not had it to red line yet, only 9000rpm.  When going down the highway I’m cruising at 95mph, but it does not feel like I’m going that fast.  I have noticed that the Busa seems to react more to the wind then the R1 does.  When I’m going down the highway with a crosswind the R1 barely moves, but the Busa feels very twitchy.

Overall I really like the Busa, I would not recommend the bike for someone with limited riding experience.  You have to respect the power of this bike or it will reach up and throw you down.  I’m having so much fun with the Busa right now; I might be selling the R1 in six months.

aktion035.gif

aktion035.gif

aktion035.gif

aktion035.gif

aktion035.gif

ernaehrung004.gif
  Puck:  OUTSTANDING looking machine.....I got mine from "Sandy Claws" Dec 19th.....same color scheme....I made some frame sliders out of several different colors trying to match/compliment my bike.  I didn't see any on yours (no fairing mods required on mine...I use the fairing mounting hole directly behind the rad vent ..didn't have the heart (read BALLS) to cut the parts I am trying to protect) and wondered what color you thought would go best....Dark grey, German white, black, or clear.  I have the clears on along with clear bar ends....going for the clear look, although the grey set looks tits also.  Anyone with a link or source for tail light/turn glass in clear please let me know.  James  (jflemming@houston.rr.com)

NPERIL Thanks,

I haven't installed any frame slider on the Busa "yet", but I will in the near future.  I installed the frame sliders, bar sliders and clutch protector on my R1, they have not been tested so far.  Intuitive offers Ivory and Ebony colors but I've seen many different colors offered else ware.

I just ordered some clear front turn signals from Clearalternitives they also offer clear taillights and rear turn signals.

aktion035.gif

aktion033.gif
Ordered a set of clear rear turns, tail, and front turn from clear alternatives...dude was VERY cool, cut me 10% off AND covered the shipping.....the fronts were backordered for the next week or so...
Scored a pair of LED reds for the tail....can't wait to put it all together.
I will email you a pic or two of those clear sliders....let me know what you think.

Back