Smoked lights

moeluv

Registered
I have some questions about smoked lights.  Since i had to drop "Nero" i am going to make some changes with the paint job, want a custom bike.  But the color scheme i'm going with looks hella good with the smoked lights found some front turn signal that has clear smoke and i want a intergrated tail light that has a clear smoke any suggestions?

Secondly is it against the law to ride with a smoked tail light even if the brake and riding lights are red and the turn signals are amber?

39_9_2.gif

i ride with smoked turns and tail. Never gotten stopped in Va.

You do need to invest in very bright LED style bulbs for saftey

If you are really worried check with the Leos in your area.

Clear alterneatives can hook you up with with the smoked/intergrated rear for about 80 and the LEDs provided are very bright. I got my smoked front off ebay but I think clear alternatives can do those to. I got both and never have problems with the leo knock on wood....knock knock..

+1 on the Clear Alternatives. I have both the smoked taillight and front sigs...they lQQk good!

Secondly is it against the law to ride with a smoked tail light even if the brake and riding lights are red and the turn signals are amber?
Not actually legal. You may or may not get by with it in Oklahoma. If the lens does not have DOT marked on it, you could be ticketed. Most of the little LED turns and smoked lenses will have packaging that says “off road use onlyâ€￾ or “check local lawsâ€￾. “Check local lawsâ€￾ means they are likely are not DOT approved and they want you to call a local law enforcement agency who will not know what the actual statutes say. Technically my HID conversion is not legal either. I think it is 300% safer, so I’m willing to risk a ticket.

I actually would be concerned that the tail light would be less visible though the smoked lens. There is not much back there anyhow and you will be reducing the visibility of your motorcycle to others.

Back