Mods needed to swap gen 1 tail for a gen 2 tail.

ssg_petty_210

Registered
Like the title says, I am curious to learn what all is needed to install a Gen 2 tail on my Gen 1 Busa. Also, if anyone Gen 2 guys are wanting a gen 1 tail, Id be willing to trade. I would need the tail section to be white though. My tail is in flawless condition with a custom pearl lighting white paint job. Would come with the hump and the seat.

You need the Gen2 rear subframe, tail light and rear cowl fairing and passenger pegs and that's pretty much it.

^^^^^^like they said^^^^^^, i'm doing the same thing...all the info and parts before i tear the bike down...:thumbsup:
speak to RussellJ, he is in the process of a tranfer right now.

Hey man il be back to hood in as many days as you can count on your fingers I can help you do it when ya get the parts, I know they had a complete white one on ebay but was pricy, only thing you gotta do is move your rectifier to the right side and tap your frame for the seat bolts or use the origional seat, oh and splice your tail ligh wire

Hey man il be back to hood in as many days as you can count on your fingers I can help you do it when ya get the parts, I know they had a complete white one on ebay but was pricy, only thing you gotta do is move your rectifier to the right side and tap your frame for the seat bolts or use the origional seat, oh and splice your tail ligh wire

Okay cool. Yeah I could use the help once I get the parts. I was trying to see if anybody wanted the gen 1 rear for their gen 2, in which I could trade them if it was white. Then start the transformation.

Only actual mod you will need to do is get a rectifier relocator bracket for a gen2 busa, the gen2 rectifier mounts by the belly wing whereas the Gen1 mounts in the tail so you need the bracket to mount it in the tail. I got mine off ebay for 25 bucks. I cant post a link because I am at work and it is blocked.... Other than they you just need the entire tail section including subframe for the swap

Only actual mod you will need to do is get a rectifier relocator bracket for a gen2 busa, the gen2 rectifier mounts by the belly wing whereas the Gen1 mounts in the tail so you need the bracket to mount it in the tail. I got mine off ebay for 25 bucks. I cant post a link because I am at work and it is blocked.... Other than they you just need the entire tail section including subframe for the swap

It's not fully necessary to have the bracket. You can mount it with one bolt in one of the holes and it will hold just fine. I had mine like this until I finally got around to getting a bracket for it.

What all needs to happen with the subframe? I have never done it, or even seen it done. Any cut and welding to do? Could I do it myself, or should I have my shop do it?

Okay awesome. So I could find one on lets say ebay? Or if I were to find someone to trade, we could switch subframes? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to get this done, and learn in the process. Im a big DIY guy because I love to learn. I appreciate all the help from everyone.

The frames on gen 1 and 2 are identicle. The only mods to the whole thing are wires for the tail light, tap seat bolt holes if your gonna use the new seat, and veclro your ecu to the new tail. That's it everything else is a direct bolt on, you can even use your old rear pegs if you absolitely have to like I did for a bit.

The frames on gen 1 and 2 are identicle. The only mods to the whole thing are wires for the tail light, tap seat bolt holes if your gonna use the new seat, and veclro your ecu to the new tail. That's it everything else is a direct bolt on, you can even use your old rear pegs if you absolitely have to like I did for a bit.

Um the frames are not identical at all... You have to get a gen2 subframe

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Okay awesome. So I could find one on lets say ebay? Or if I were to find someone to trade, we could switch subframes? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to get this done, and learn in the process. Im a big DIY guy because I love to learn. I appreciate all the help from everyone.

It's just direct bolt on. No welding or anything. I am putting mine on over thanksgiving weekend. I will take lots of pictures for you

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Back