gen 1 to gen2 front and sides body swap

Destin07

Registered
Everybody knows the tail section can be swapped over but what about the rest of the body. If you wanted to go from gen 1 body to a gen 2 what would be needed. Besides the front fairing stay does the rest of it bolt straight up, do you use the 08 headlight and blinkers and just splice them in. My main concern would be the gauges, obviously the gen1 couldn't stay and I'm assuming the gen 2 harness is different, do you just get a wiring chart and splice the gauges in also. Whats you guys take on this

Thats a huge project you got there good luck:thumbsup:

its not so bad except the gauges are not adaptable i just found out, looks like you would have to run a motec or some kind of custom screen, scratch this idea maybe somebody will come up with an adapter or figure something out later down the road

The gauge's will not work, they are a Canbus based set up, and will only work with the 08's electronics!
As far as the rest of it, you will need headlight, upper fairing stay, any misc brackets, basically everything from an 08 to make it work!

Just go buy an 08! :whistle:

The gauge's will not work, they are a Canbus based set up, and will only work with the 08's electronics!
As far as the rest of it, you will need headlight, upper fairing stay, any misc brackets, basically everything from an 08 to make it work!

Just go buy an 08! :whistle:

nah to much money for the extra 20HP up, I would rather build up another motor. Those 08 fairings sure look good though

The gauge's will not work,
they are a Canbus based set up,
and will only work with the 08's electronics !

As far as the rest of it,
you will need headlight,
upper fairing stay,
any misc brackets,
basically everything
from an 08 to make it work !

Just go buy an 08 !

:whistle:

This would work out pretty good ~ with the blinker running light mod . . .

hayabusa_turbo_bodywork.jpg

Feel FREE to follow along @ www.Instagram.com/RocketRedC . . .

Back