Purple Slice!!! (makes your bike new again...)

I can't lie, the "job pouring slurpies" part made me pee a little...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Been a long time since I had a good laugh....

...this thread just made my day! Yer missin' the core value of who hangs out here, Mr. bjewel. People here are really the best peeps! Don't let everyone elses sense of practicality over-shadow your desires to be helpful. It's all appreciated if we keep it in perspective! Another good reason why the .oRg is such a great place to be!!

Good times, good people, great friends! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Thanks for the recommendations, one and all. I'll be trying the pledge asap and if the opportunity presents I may try the purple slice.

As for the storm of ire that resulted over the "who 1st mentioned pledge thing...":

1) I think the first comment was intended in good fun, not insult, although there have obviously been earlier references than the OP on the pledge thing.

2) The OP took that comment and, IMHO over reacted very negatively. We all know, or should be now, that if you don't respond well to a joke, then you can virtually guarantee that true insults will follow.

Recommendations: OP, your input is appreciated, joking around doesn't change that and is simply part of communication. Don't be so quick to be insulted. Everyone else that poked at him over that, while humorous, not terribly constructive. Everyone that tried to pat him on the back and settle him down, "Well done!" :beerchug:

Sounds to be a good product. Little pricey for me though.

And to get one thing straight, you all can argue who brought this here and who invented that, but if it wasn't for me bringing the Busa into existance, none of this would be possible.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

If I over-reacted I sincerely apologize. I've ridden since I was 14 and I'm pushing 66. Don't look or feel it but that's how it is. If you are ever at the Dead Fly Cafe in Plymouth Ca. on the weekends I'll probably see you there. There's always a ton of bikes -- all kinds -- and a decent breakfast in a nice place to ride...

Peace

Sounds to be a good product. Little pricey for me though.

And to get one thing straight, you all can argue who brought this here and who invented that, but if it wasn't for me bringing the Busa into existance, none of this would be possible...

Yoshiura-san, is that you? Your English is much better these days. Hisashiburi des yo! Okusan wa o-genki desuka? Yoroshuku onegaishimasu...

I'm glad someone invented the Hayabusa because it is the best bike to ever come out of Japan...

If I over-reacted I sincerely apologize. I've ridden since I was 14 and I'm pushing 66. Don't look or feel it but that's how it is. If you are ever at the Dead Fly Cafe in Plymouth Ca. on the weekends I'll probably see you there. There's always a ton of bikes -- all kinds -- and a decent breakfast in a nice place to ride...

Peace

Right on. Might be kind of near there come September. :) However, not sure that I'm confident about the food at a place called the DEAD FLY Cafe. :laugh:

:beerchug:

we use a degreaser at work called purple magic...but i wouldnt recomend it for cleaning the bike.

Maybe not going that far Bots. those Zundapp's back in the '50s were pretty cool. not to mention Bultacos, Lilacs and Moto Morini's...

Maybe not going that far Bots. those Zundapp's back in the '50s were pretty cool. not to mention Bultacos, Lilacs and Moto Morini's...

In the grand scheme of things, the Honda Z50 was probably the most successful bike of all time. I can't believe nobody has ever done a special on that bike. Its still virtually the same unchanged motor in todays CRF50R. They've been around for decades.. And a HECK of a lot of fun to ride! Even when you are old and fat!!! :laugh:

I like pledge, but in the end the Plexus does a better job, but at a higher price. They are very close to the same formula but when you spray them side by side it looks like the pledge has more wax in it. My problem is not a product to use, but the time to use it. I find I'm always riding a dirty bike since I'd rather ride than clean!:cheerleader:

I've used Pledge. This is a whole different ball game. Stuff made my fairing and tank look like the day I bought the bike. I keep my putts absolutely spotless so I'm probably more picky than most... For what it's worth, I brought the idea of using Lemon Pledge to this board from HDForums.com Harley Davidson Forums No one talked bout it before I brought it here as far as I know.

Members here have been using Pledge on bikes before Suzuki ever built their first Haysbusa.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back