Punishment for Capt of carrier deserved or not ?

i think that a man in his position shouldn't do something like that on video, but as far as his sense of humor goes, its fine with me. its still a free country, to think and say what you want. you know this is a touchy subject just like politics and religion. i can't say a gay person won't defend the country as well as a non-gay. but i believe it will create animosity, because most of the "tough guys" are homophobes. i don't think wimmins should go into battle like men do because there ain't to many men going to be tied up and gang raped when captured by the enemy. they'll be some terrible things done i'm sure, but we are not all created equal and never will be, regardless of how much the gubberment tries to make us equal, it just ain't gonna happen. i think the captain should be returned to duty and something more important reported on in the news.

When you're in a leadership position you have to conduct yourself a certain way. Conduct unbecoming of an officer. He should have known better. The Navy had no choice, you can't go around acting in that manner and be in command of a nuclear aircraft carrier. Definitely showed imbalance they couldn't take a chance on him losing it and launching an attack or something.

Rules and Regs are pretty clear...

Conduct unbecoming an officer....

He is the CO of a carrier.... not some grunt soldier... It is his duty to conduct himself in a manner that is of the highest caliber commanding the upmost respect not only from his men, but of those around him...

His conduct reflects poorly not only upon himself, but upon the navy...

A man of his experience should have known better than ANYONE...

He wrote, produced and starred in the videos, he even edited most of them. Yes, shown shipboard for a while.

he was the XO not the CO when this happened, its hard for me to call judgement for this, i dont like the fact he made the videos, but i dont know military codes/laws. whatever they deem is good enough for me, but i hate to see a man lose his lively hood and career over some jokes.

Last edited:
When people in command positions lose their jobs, that’s a serious thing in the military,” said Marine Colonel Dave Lapan, a Defense Department spokesman. “As you rise up in the ranks, more is expected of you, and you are held to a higher standard.”
have to agree with this

Yer kiddin'. Did he drink too much sea water,go off his rocker???

RSD.

Drank a whole pitcher I guess ?
Threw away a career over it.

It does just seem hard to believe doesn't it.
XO or CO he was high up.
To have the idea or entertain it from a subordinate is crazy.

Umm lemme see.....Hmmm.....:idea:......I know.....I'll make a series a videos making fun of gays, showing poss woman on woman innuendo, cuss up a storm and dance around on camera like an idiot. And and and then you know what....I'll broadcast it throughout the ship every night for a week.....yeah that's it !
:rofl:

What's strange is it took a newspaper writing an article about it to bring attn to the matter?
5000 people on board and nobody complained or caused alarm ?
Personally I think since carriers are referred to as 'cities at sea' than they should let the ship and crew govern itself.
Hold an anonymous vote on the matter and only allow people who were on board at the time to vote yeah or nay. Then be done with it.

When people in command positions lose their jobs, that’s a serious thing in the military,â€￾ said Marine Colonel Dave Lapan, a Defense Department spokesman. “As you rise up in the ranks, more is expected of you, and you are held to a higher standard.â€￾
have to agree with this

Exactly...at that rank he should have known better.

I suspect ....as the ships XO during combat operations, one of his additional duties was probably morale officer. Combat ops are very stressful , and I suspect he was just trying to cheer up the crew (some sailors on the deployment backed him said he was a great leader). Mistake was thinking it wouldn't get out.

lastly, notice how it came out days after DADT was repealed?? Coincidence? Doubt it.... Now that the Gay agenda has succeeded in beating the military, what better way to put the military "on notice" by immediately firing a guy for making fun of them...just sayin :whistle:

His crew loved him and he made the most while out at sea. Although he was high ranking I dont believe he should of been replaced.

i showed Warf the video, he was unamused. he said "a captain should not act in such a manner."

pics nov 2010 579.jpg

What kills me is all these videos were shot before he was Captain of the ship, like four years before he was promoted to Executive officer! Are you kidding me!?!?!?!

Back