Admirals and Generals used to have balls

masterblaster

Registered
What has happened to my Military, Admirals getting sacked for doing the right thing, lawyers approving terminations of terrorists. Something is wrong and I blame the senior officers of the military for acting cwardly and not coming public on the major politization of our military through political corectness and political intimidation. Seems the officer class has sold their souls.

World Tribune TV

The Benghazi coverup: Barack Obama, Leon Panetta, Hillary Clinton

Cosmic Tribune

An apocalypse named Sandy

Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 | Posted by WorldTribune.com
Pentagon replaces second commander since Sept. 11 Benghazi attack

Special to WorldTribune.com

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Navy has replaced the commander of an aircraft
carrier strike group in the Middle East.

The Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) transits the Straits of Hormuz on Nov. 12, 2011. / U.S. Navy, Petty Officer 3rd Class Kenneth Abbate / AP

The Navy said it approved a request by Fifth Fleet chief Vice Adm. John
Miller to reassign the commander of the USS John C. Stennis Carrier Strike
Group. The Navy said the Stennis commander, Rear Adm. Charles Gaouette, was
returning to the United States amid an investigation of an operation in the
Gulf.

Gaouette is the second high-profile military official to be relieved of his command duties since the terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya on Sept. 11. Gen. Carter Ham, commander of U.S. Africa Command, was replaced by Gen. David Rodriguez on Oct. 18. Some reports have suggest that Ham, Gaouette or both gave unauthorized orders to assist U.S. personnel at the Benghazi consulate and annex during the Sept. 11 attack.

“Gaouette’s Chief of Staff, Captain William C. Minter, will lead the
strike group until the arrival of Rear Adm. Troy M. Shoemaker, who will assume command until the matter is resolved,â€￾ the Navy said on Oct. 27.

The replacement of a naval commander during operational deployment has been deemed rare. Officials said Gaouette was being investigated on allegations of what they termed “inappropriate leadership judgment.â€￾

Stennis was part of the enhanced U.S. Navy deployment in the Gulf to
counter the rising threat of Iran. The carrier group has played a major role in maritime security and the passage of merchants ships through the Iranian-dominated Strait of Hormuz.

The Navy did not say how long Minter was expected to lead the Stennis group. Shoemaker, the designated successor, has served as commander of
Carrier Strike Group Nine and participated with the Abraham Lincoln Strike
Group, also deployed in the Gulf.

I am a career Navy guy (25 years and counting) and do NOT have the requisite security clearance/accesss to know every single detail pertinent to this incident. All the info currently available to JOE PUBLIC like me is the sanitized and or "slanted" version colored by the agenda of that particular source.

With that said, I am in no position to pass any judgement on anyone involved in this incident.....sitting in my comfy couch at home. I will however pray for strength, courage and wisdom to all parties concerned.

I was engaged in a discussion about this yesterday - and while I have no idea of the decision making at that level, I will tell you that the military climate is and has been changing for awhile. For anyone who is interested, google Smedley Butler. A USMC Maj Gen, he retired in the early 20th century and had stark revelations about the political nature of his service. While I do not profess to knwo how or why the decisions were made in reference to Benghazi, I for one know that the climate is changing to quickly and radically for me, which is why I submitted my retirement request, while in zone for promotion. Sometimes, duty and conscience compete. I choose to end that competition.

The end of 'Don't ask don't tell' is a good sign of what's to come. The 'pentagon' has mostly been taken over by wackos like our education system. Slowly and insidiously. ???

It is a subject of wide discussion by mid and senior-grade officers, but will not be made public because their professionalism about not going against the sitting POTUS is obviously left to those who have retired. I know enough GO's (I used to be an aide) to get a feel for what's going on. A lot of good people are leaving because they can't, in good conscience, lead with something they don't believe in. Which of course leaves us with those that will...

There is an Army-wide survey taken every year Army-wide to gauge the current morale. This year's results seemed to indicate that soldiers were losing faith in their senior leaders, but it failed to differentiate between the MILITARY or CIVILIAN leaders...but the truth is that, with the political correctness/expediency created by the current administration (DADT, Women in combat, etc.) that the military as a whole is losing faith in their CIVILIAN leaders. I know personally several senior officers (and I mean 06/above) who have elected not to continue their careers as that's the only way they can show their displeasure (MC being one of them). Soldiers don't mind fighting (and dying if necessary) if the cause is just, but they really don't like useless loss of life being placed second to political considerations.

This deal in Benghazi is going to blow up in this administration's face. There is clear evidence that these people BEGGED for help, and our armed forces were ORDERED to stand down and watch them die. I suspect some of these reliefs are from people who stood in the position to do something about it and had trouble following that order...we shall see.

Is my take on the situation too Skydvr, I still have one son in and glad he will be done in a few years, I just hope things are squared away by time my grand kids are shipping off to basic. Sickening really.

It is a subject of wide discussion by mid and senior-grade officers, but will not be made public because their professionalism about not going against the sitting POTUS is obviously left to those who have retired. I know enough GO's (I used to be an aide) to get a feel for what's going on. A lot of good people are leaving because they can't, in good conscience, lead with something they don't believe in. Which of course leaves us with those that will...

There is an Army-wide survey taken every year Army-wide to gauge the current morale. This year's results seemed to indicate that soldiers were losing faith in their senior leaders, but it failed to differentiate between the MILITARY or CIVILIAN leaders...but the truth is that, with the political correctness/expediency created by the current administration (DADT, Women in combat, etc.) that the military as a whole is losing faith in their CIVILIAN leaders. I know personally several senior officers (and I mean 06/above) who have elected not to continue their careers as that's the only way they can show their displeasure (MC being one of them). Soldiers don't mind fighting (and dying if necessary) if the cause is just, but they really don't like useless loss of life being placed second to political considerations.

This deal in Benghazi is going to blow up in this administration's face. There is clear evidence that these people BEGGED for help, and our armed forces were ORDERED to stand down and watch them die. I suspect some of these reliefs are from people who stood in the position to do something about it and had trouble following that order...we shall see.

I talked to four young Captains Sunday afternoon. They were VMI classmates who were at FTCKY going to a memorial service for a fallen classmate (an SF guy who died on a training mission at land between the lakes - an ATV rolled over on him and killed him - tragic - young fiance). A few hours after the service, the two stationed at Fort Campbell were getting on a C17 to deploy with their Brigade to Afghanistan. I asked one of them how many times he'd been deployed (three times in his 5 years service). This was his 4th deployment. They were all bright, sharp intelligent young men, and give me hope for this country's future as they represent the best and brightest this country has to offer. None of them supported the current administration with their vote, but they all believed in supporting this country.

my best friend is a CSM in the Army, made grade in 13yrs and given command immediately. He's done most everything there is to do along the way and was soldier of the year for the Army several times. He's put his retirement in and is getting out because of the changes he sees coming down. The political correctness and as he puts it "that its legal for guys to pleasure each other in the trenches but I can't have any more tattoos" is just to much. The Army and from the sounds of it all branches of the military have changed a great deal and I fear what we are turning into....more over I fear what we will end up as when military leaders can no longer make decisions, even at battle group command levels. :banghead:

Thank your CSM buddy for his service for me. He's exactly correct, and he's not alone in this assessment. We've got the best Army in the world, and the social engineers are doing their dead level best to screw it up.

Back