Mayor Bloomberg

thats disturbing.... since when are mayors experts on breast feeding issues???? mind ur own business Bloomberg and stick to politics. I get the whole smoking ban thing cause it effects those who dont smoke but breast feeding? its been goin on for thousands of years and women seem to be doing just fine.

Well, and quite honestly, I wasn't posting this to be about him choosing for women, though I do question his expertise. :laugh: I thought his "no Big Gulps in NY" was over the top as well :banghead:

Americans need choices; what we choose and how that affects our lives is completely up to us, not politicians...

Why aren't more New Yorkers upset with this guy?!

I actually am captain. This guy has been slowly dictating to his constintuents what HE feels is best for them...it's BIG BROTHER in NY and I guess I'm more shocked he just keeps going and the masses there aren't standing up to him and saying "enough!"

You're right though, why should anything shock us anymore...

No big gulps, no formula, no chick fil a what's this world coming to?

No big gulps.... no chick fil a.... what's this world coming to?

Possibly... a smaller waistline? :laugh:

All levity aside... Bloomberg is essentially a blithering idiot. Still, it's very common for filthy rich men to assume a mantle of knowing what is best for others. The problem is that he is now in a position to actually restrict people's choices based upon his own personal opinions.

Which is a bunch of crap.

I suspect most New Yorkers are simply rolling there eyes at him.

I'm glad he's just the mayor of NYC & not NY gov. and hope his stupidity stops in the boroughs. My daughter has food allergies, to the point that she was actually allergic to breast milk (milk casein) and we had to get a very special, prescription formula for her. Not only was it the only thing she could eat until she could have solid food, it was over $200/case which would last a week maybe. I was all about the freebies :thumbsup: I'm no millionaire and the extra 1200-1400/month I shelled out for formula definitely hit the bank account hard. I cannot imagine someone in a similar situation living in NYC with this crap going on and not getting free stuff from dr offices/hospitals. Oh yeah, to make it better, the formula was not covered by insurance :banghead:

Bloomberg is a good example of how career politicians should be stopped. He could not be mayor again as a dem so he switched and ran as an independent, skirting the rules to get his record term. He has done some good things for the city but its time for someone new that wants to focus on real issues not just their own agenda.

Im so glad I do not live there any longer. He is the worst thing to ever happen to NYC. Jerk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I just have to think that a guy like this really is either A) Wanting to get out of office in the next election B) Is so into himself that he thinks is everyone's daddy C) He is so dis-illusioned that he just has no idea....

Either way, I would think that even for folks that I may not agree with on many of the "questionable issues" that this one is a slam dunk...

Doyle, whattya think? :)

At least he got the chick fil a question right.

And I wouldn't mind seeing more boobies in public. Breast feed away ladies :laugh:

Still, it's very common for filthy rich men to assume a mantle of knowing what is best for others. The problem is that he is now in a position to actually restrict people's choices based upon his own personal opinions..

Certainly not limited to just filthy rich men....

Too many people are letting the goverment chip away at their rights. Slow but sure freedom is slipping away... Im not against the goverment but I feel they should not have the right to take away personal choice to protect us from ourselves.

I think a fat guy sit-in is in order. We can wallow down Wall Street and eat corn beef sandwiches at the foot of City hall.

I think a fat guy sit-in is in order. We can wallow down Wall Street and eat corn beef sandwiches at the foot of City hall.

And drink Big Gulps while eating Chick-Fil-A Count this fat man in!!! I am tired of good ol Uncle Gubment thinking they know whats better for me than I do! If I wanna eat myself to death my choice!! If I wanna breast feed....Ok that ones a little different! But you get my point! I will be a t Chick-Fil-A appreciation day today to eat my Chicken!!! mmmmmmmmmmmm:drool:

Back