Public thank you to Blanca.

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Just wanted to say thank you publicly to Saiid. He sent me a NY trigger for my Glock and included the Glock tool in the package. I got it installed and with help from Blanca fixed a minor issue with the slide lock. Now I have a clean, crisp, and predictable trigger break. Now I just need to get the thing to the range and kill some paper. I know there are a ton of gun buffs on here. Thank you again Saiid, I appreciate your kindness and generosity and hope to one day pay you back, at the very least pay it forward and help someone else like you have helped me. :beerchug:

Blanca is one great guy. I hope to one day to have the pleasure of meeting him. He is a great help for many on here.

Hey no problem. Enjoy it. Silhouettes fear you now :)

Easy to see how that part is more durable than the spring you took out ain't it? Gives a cleaner break but also won't fail you like the factory spring.

I just want to know what a "new york trigger" is...I happen to like Glocks alot and just wondering what this mod is/does.

I just want to know what a "new york trigger" is...I happen to like Glocks alot and just wondering what this mod is/does.

Thats a good question, lots of youtube videos out there on it if you want see them. Simply put, the ny trigger gives a harder trigger pull and a better or in my case, more distinct trigger break. Its cleaner. That is about as good as I can describe it. It gets its name from the conversion New York did from revolvers to the Glock. Lots of A/D's and they were about to lose their insurance. So, they came up with a special trigger to replace the oem trigger spring to have a harder trigger pull to mimic the same pull the revolvers had. Lots of debate about whether it is a good modification. Some argue its a mask for bad habits. Keep your finger off the trigger and you wont have an A/D, etc. But it also makes the weapon safer in terms of knowing when the trigger breaks and a tad harder pull. Lots of arguments about why the Glock is not a good conceal carry weapon, this is one modification that makes it even safer. Hope I explained that right. From Glock, the factory trigger pull is about 5lbs. This mod puts it about about 8 I think. I like the way the new trigger feels.

ive never understoof the term accidental discharge... i can see it with black powder... any little spark and boom... but on a brick, with all the "safe action" and that trigger safety that they have... unless you have defective ammo or something in the firing mechanism fails,(read if you pull the trigger, its not an accident that the gun fired)

ive never understoof the term accidental discharge... i can see it with black powder... any little spark and boom... but on a brick, with all the "safe action" and that trigger safety that they have... unless you have defective ammo or something in the firing mechanism fails,(read if you pull the trigger, its not an accident that the gun fired)

Well there's a reason it's not called a Florida trigger :rofl:

Sounds like a typical Blanca act.

A random act of Blanca!!!!:thumbsup:

Thats a good question, lots of youtube videos out there on it if you want see them. Simply put, the ny trigger gives a harder trigger pull and a better or in my case, more distinct trigger break. Its cleaner. That is about as good as I can describe it. It gets its name from the conversion New York did from revolvers to the Glock. Lots of A/D's and they were about to lose their insurance. So, they came up with a special trigger to replace the oem trigger spring to have a harder trigger pull to mimic the same pull the revolvers had. Lots of debate about whether it is a good modification. Some argue its a mask for bad habits. Keep your finger off the trigger and you wont have an A/D, etc. But it also makes the weapon safer in terms of knowing when the trigger breaks and a tad harder pull. Lots of arguments about why the Glock is not a good conceal carry weapon, this is one modification that makes it even safer. Hope I explained that right. From Glock, the factory trigger pull is about 5lbs. This mod puts it about about 8 I think. I like the way the new trigger feels.

Ok. Good explanation. I'd have to shoot one to see if I liked it or not. The ONLY negative I've got with the Glock is the safety (AD not out of the question) if you get your hand ANYWHERE inside that trigger guard.

Keith a Glock is no different than a sig or a revolver. Neither have external safeties.
Your finger is the safety. Don't touch it if you don't want it to go bang!

Back