Public Service

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
I just found out a friend of mine from the Corps was killed in a helo crash this morning; he was a life flight pilot responding to a traffic accident in Arkansas. He is survived by his wife and thier four children. Also killed in the crash were the flight nurse and flight paramedic.

My thoughts and prayers go out to them - along with my thanks for thier service to the public...

MCM

I heard something about this on the radio this morning driving to work. My sincerest condolences to the family.

Sorry for your loss and the family's Shawn.. I read the article on CNN today..

So sorry to hear :down: Thoughts and prayers out :please:

man heard that on the radio here, sorry about your friend Shawn, and the others on board, RIP...

The worst news when a friend dies so tragically. It is compounded when the person gave their lives to save others. Words cannot describe the loss. Makes no sense and it is so disturbing. We should all thank God for the men and women who serve others and devote their lives so others may live.
Prayers and thoughts are with you and the families of all lost in this tragic accident.
God's speed.

What a horrible tragedy! I'm sorry for your loss Shawn. You and the families involved are in my prayers.

Rest in peace, heroes!

My condolences.

Air Ambulance operations have more than their fair share of accidents. There's a lot of pressure on a pilot to "get the job done" not just for financial reasons, but because someone's life depends on the pilot agreeing the operation can be done safely.

Sorry to hear Bro...friggin helo's...I would love to see the statistics of aircraft that go down being seperated into helos vs fixed wing...
we had a story off of Coronado Island in San Diego awhile back where the Navy was flying night ops with night vision and they turned into a Coast Guard rescue fixed wing who was not on night vision...and the controller on duty didn't alert either flight crew...sucks...everyone died

Sorry to hear Shawn, Prayers sent for all.

Back