Public Service Anouncement

I went to Ted's today. Couldn't stay long. Very few sportbikes in a sea of Hardleys.
Like you had to tell us that.
smile.gif
The last big tough hardley rider I saw that wrecked was sniveling and whining like a baby on the side of the road covered in blood where his gear would have been. That's one guy who won't be cracking any jokes about us anymore I guarantee!
Who cares about that retard...just laugh to yourself that him and the rest of the fat drunk idiots there will find out the hard way sooner or later.
wink.gif

Freedom of speech only extends to political speech, nothing more. People do NOT, as has been noted, have the freedom to incite disturbances to the public peace with their statements. "Fire" in a crowded theatre is the common example and it's a good one. What this radio guy did was tantamount to doing exactly that: He has incited people to not wear safety gear and he has therefore incited people to act with irresponsibility toward their personal safety.

"Fire" in a "crowded theater," pure and simple.

Tangentially, an employee of a coporation does NOT have his freedom of speech protected by the constitution so long as he is on the clock. If that D.J. made such an inflammatory statement over the airwaves and was not checked or stopped by his bosses, then his bosses are in support of it. Bosses have the right to dictate what their employees say as long as they are writing the paycheck. The 1st amendment holds NO sway in such a scenario.

You did the right thing by writing to the guy's boss. Either he will be censured by his boss or his employer will reveal that they are in support of such irresponsible behavior and belief. You then have the right to say anything you wish about it, so long as it is all true.

Good on ya!

--Wag--

The last big tough hardley rider I saw that wrecked was sniveling and whining like a baby on the side of the road covered in blood where his gear would have been. That's one guy who won't be cracking any jokes about us anymore I guarantee!
Hey! How do you know he didnt have to lay it down to prevent an accident? HUH?

wink.gif

The guy had the right to say what he wanted; however I don’t agree with the jerk. Part of me would have wanted to challenge the guy but I've learned that Stupid people don't understand Logic. It is a shame that he tainted a lot of riders with his finite wisdom of what safety is. I've seen so many new riders (who typically are riding cruisers) wear no safety gear at all, because it does-not portray the "Look at me I’m free & Cool" image.

Years ago survival against the elements and the search for food weeded out the weak in the selection process. Now, in 2005 we are much more "P.C." in this country, and have programs to insure the breeding rights of the weak & stupid. Don’t be alarmed, Nature has its way of dealing with this issue, as you can see the gene pool will naturally counter the sheep’s "P.C." attempts. I wish no harm on anyone, stupid or otherwise, however during the riding season here in Minnesota, it appears that someone not wearing proper gear is killed in a low-speed accident quite frequently.

I’m not going to debate the word Freedom, that is a whole other topic, however if a Dr. was allowed to pick up a microphone at a public gathering and educate the sheep on the proper way to commit suicide, do you think the Dr. would be allowed to continue his speech in public without ridicule or possible legal jeopardy?

I went to Ted's today.  Couldn't stay long.  Very few sportbikes in a sea of Hardleys.
That was the main reason I kept my normally big mouth shut.  80% of the bikers arrived in tee shirts or leather vests.  Alot of them weren't wearing helmets.  I'm not sure what the response to my retort would have been.  Telling Smash that he didn't need to waste money on gear because he is already ugly and brain dead may have incited a riot
smile.gif

No arguement that the guy had the right. That is what happens in a free society. It still does not excuse his stupidity. Most likely the crowd went along with the stupidity.

HA....you shoulda let him test drive your busa...with the intent to pay damages that occur.

But then again, he wouldn't be crashing, right? Riiiiiggghht.

So yeah....go back there...and have him test drive it. Be sure to put down that he'll pay for damages in writing...but don't make a big deal outta it. You know...work your magic.

I'd love to see his face when tries to grab a handful of throttle in first gear.

any response from your mail? Might be time to up the ante and stage some local protest or something
wink.gif

yeah he has the right to be an idiot in public, just another radio personality trying to cash in on the "shock jock" road that Stern paved. Its obvious there are more idiots out there than people with wisdom, clearly proved by the 80%- 20% ratio you mentioned. and as they seek to draw the support of the fan fare they recognize the crowd is full of idiots so he is obviously seeking to be one of the crowd. I saw a nice booth at The Ohio State Fair sponsored by OHP that said will you ride in Full Gear or Fools Gear?

Likewise you and everyone else has the right to boycott the station, stage a protest and even pass your opinion and the stance you will take in regards to the dealership. its sad to say in this country "Money speaks louder than Words", you can hit and idiot in the mouth and theyre usually too dumb to recognize the detrimental effects on their life but hit 'em in the pockets and they'll cry "uncle". I would like to have a link to the dealership and the Loud mouth Squakbox Dj to inform them that you are reaching 10,000 people with your opinion. with the internet age each person can have an influence on 100,000 people within hours. is that the kind of exposure they want? i support you bro' and will gladly send my opinion to them, will anyone else?

Apparently he can pick and choose when he has an accident because his riding is so freakin' awesome. Wish I could do that....

I'd like to hear the conversation he has with the housewife-on-the-cellphone who pulls out in front of him in her giant SUV.

"But you're not supposed to knock me off my bike, I'm cool! And why am I leaking all over the highway, I'm supposed to be invincible and hard?!?"

I love watching my wife pass those cruiser guys like they're standing still on her 600.
tounge.gif
They gotta love that.

The guy may have a right to say what he wants, but he's also representing the corporation he works for as well as the business that hired him to entertain.  While you're are work, try poking fun of a customers clothes, hair style, weight ect. and see how long you last at that job.

Does Ted's Motorcycle World sell helmets and gear?  If so, those comments hurt their business and I'd be writing the owners to let them know.

Just found a web site for a Ted's Motorcycle World in Alton IL.  Is this the one you were at?  Even though it's a hardley dealership they do have a rather large inventory of safety gear.
Yep, Ted's Motorycle World in Alton.  I sent them a copy as well.  Not a word from them either.

http://www.tedsmotorcycleworld.com/

Back