RIP Marco Simoncelli

Jza

Registered
Sad day for motorsport today.... one of the most talented new Moto GP riders we have seen in a long time died at Sepang today after being hit by Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi after he lost control of bike and swung into their path whilst hanging off. Hit him so hard his helmet got smashed off.

Poor sod...

RIP Mate.

GUTTED

Jza

Just saw the video, that was pure bad news. They both had a mico second and tried to get away from Marco but not a chance. Suprised Colin was not laid out after his tumble.

OMG!!!
R.I.P. Marco
Condolences to the friends and family
from my dunce stool via tapatalk

This just sucks. I didnt care for him on the track but he was good for the sport. @fastblackblur, he just kind of lowsided but never got off the bike and slid right into Edwards and Rossi's path. Nowhere to go.

OMG. I was just getting ready to go look at the races, and came here first. While it's all fun to watch, it's a reminder this is a dangerous and deadly sport. RIP Marco you had a spark. MY sincerest condolences to his dad who is in his pit every time he rides. This is gonna take a little time to absorb.

very sad day indeed. Hate to see anyone lose their life in the name of entertainment. Hard video to watch.
RIP Marco. May you ride in heaven.
:please:

i couldnt believe what i saw. looked like an innocent lowside then the bike slid right back into the path of fellow riders instead of sliding off the track. i was like why did the bike come back onto the track.

spies described what happened to simon

basic lowside that he tried to save with his knee and elbow. front tire regained traction and thats what sent him back into the path of the other riders instead of continuing to slide off track.

so please if you didnt see it dont start about his riding style. he was the one reason i continued to watch the unwatchable motogp season this year.

lost a future motogp CHAMPION today.

R.I.P. marco

marco-simoncelli-300x225.jpg

I taped the race and stopped when I saw the accident. When I read what happened, it brought tears to my eyes. God bless his soul, and may he rest in peace. If it means anything, he passed doing what he loved.

Oh no... That was a horrible and seemingly unavoidable crash. Condolences and prayers go out for all who knew Marco Simoncelli, and especially for Valentino and Colin.

Back