Public service for ORG. members

smac

Donating Member
Registered
Just a reminder for anyone heading south, ie. Alabama, Mississippi, Florida. ect... It's Love Bug season! little black bugs flying around highways, back roads, parking lots or any where they so desire. They fly around in swarms (spring and fall) reaking havoc on paint jobs. If heading south use extra wax or some say "Pam", they have a very heavy acid content so clean them off asap. Hopefully they will be gone in a couple of weeks, will update to anyone who wants to know. Happy Riding! P.S. They taste really bad...:laugh:

yep, ran into them last weekend. wasn't as bad as i've seen, but gunked up my face shield pretty good. had to clean it twice in 5 hours and that was not counting the rain that helped. :)

i keep hearing about the mayflies up here in North Alabama, although i (fortunately) haven't run into them yet when they hatch.

damn love bugs....just ride behind someone else....thats what I do. They end up catching most of the bugs...hehe

I ran through a few thousands yellow butterflies last year coming back from Colorado. I had to blast the radiator from the back for several minutes with a pressure washer to get enough guts out to cool the bike down. My Busa, face shield, and leathers were a mess.

Damn Bugs... worst is cleaning their remains in small openings, such as helmet vents, between head light and frame, radiator, etc...

hmmmm whats a love bug???

imgp6749a_800.jpg

LMFAO I so should have gotten a shot of the helmet after the ride out to destination and then the ride back. NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn bugs tried mating with my hubby's bike... It's yellow... LMAO :rofl::rofl:

:thumbsup:

Back