Probably the biggest request I have ever asked of you all.

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I'm in a tight spot here so I will do the very best as I can in explaining the need. I can't divulge really any information at all to you about the specific need, I can't tell you who it's for and I can't even tell you why I am involved. I can't tell you how much we need to gather but I can hint that it will probably be the most we have collected for such an occasion. We do have more members here than ever before so I think that if most can spare a few bucks this will not be an issue. The other admins don't know and I will not tell them because there is an honor thing involved, I do not want to embarrass anyone. This person doesn't even know that I know the situation they are in, they did not ask for help!

I like to think that most on the site trust me, that is a huge responsibilty that have tried at all cost to protect. I get request from folks all the time to post up that they need financial help, I parse through them and do my best to filter out the ones that I think really need to be presented to the members.. I look at things like involvement, length of time on the site, the actual need, what they have done for others here and in general how much of my trust am I willing to put on the line that I am getting the whole story.

I sit here right now and know that I have never been in a situation where I had a request that I needed more involvement from the members and providing the least amount of information that I ever have. I have asked for much less with full disclosure of the who and when and now I'm asking you to donate heavy for a cause that I can tell you nothing about.

To try and make sure that I build trust with any newer members that want to help but are a little uneasy about sending money I have created some oversite with the other admins. (Mc Mustang is now in Iraq) Vabusa, Professor, Omslaw and Thrasherfox will have access to the email account we created to validate all money is accounted for.

Since I can't tell you who, why, when or where I can't even give you the satisfaction of knowing who your helping. I can tell you that I have no doubt that if you knew who this was you would not even second guess my involvement.

I have nothing physical to give you back, I have been stirring over this for several weeks and I have decided there is one thing that I can do as a gesture from the Org.....

Anyone who donates to this cause will get their member status changed from Member to Donating Member. I get a lot of request from you all asking about how you can help the site or donate to the cause... I don't think that I have ever had such a desire on this site to make this goal happen like this. Changing your status isn't much but its the best I can do right now......

I don't know what else I can do or say... I know that when I say trust me that I hope I have built a solid trust with you all and that I have over the past 8 years shown myself to be honarable and trust worthy and that I have shown my integrity to all of you....

I have created a paypal email account that can be used... aid@hayabusa.org is specifically for this cause, no other accounts will be used just this one... All the admins will receive access to it and if you have any questions you can ask any admin if your money was received in the account.

I don't want to make the request and handle the funds so Omar has agreed to accept the mail with checks and things... Anyone that wants to send in paper money can send it to....

Hayabusa.oRg
c/o Omar A. Vega
821 N. Sumac St.
Gardner, KS 66030-2211

Don't for a second think that 5 bucks won't help, if you have it we could sure use it for this.....

let me know your thoughts....

Cap

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm broke right now......but I can surely squeeze blood from a rock: I'm very well experienced at that. Money OTW.

DD

Also Cap that was way too much writing next time keep it to something like:

I'm in a tight spot here...I have created a paypal email account that can be used... aid@hayabusa.org is specifically for this cause, no other accounts will be used just this one... All the admins will receive access to it and if you have any questions you can ask any admin if your money was received in the account.

Don't for a second think that 5 bucks won't help, if you have it we could sure use it for this.....

I can't speak for everyone but that would have been good enough for me.

Cheers....

Cap: I think it'd be a good idea to put an end-date on it so people who are between paydays can make a contribution, if possible, on their next 'installment'.

Know what I mean?

$ on the way.

Scar

Not much since I'm still not working, but I hope it helps out whoever it is that needs us Captain!

Cap: I think it'd be a good idea to put an end-date on it so people who are between paydays can make a contribution, if possible, on their next 'installment'.

Know what I mean?

$ on the way.

Scar

Just getting ready to say the same thing

I have a couple things on Ebay thatwhen sold I will forward you the money as well as a little extra.

When do you need this by.

Hope I didn't embarrass myself with such a small amount. Good luck to you and thank you for running a wonderful site for all of us.

Hope I didn't embarrass myself with such a small amount. Good luck to you and thank you for running a wonderful site for all of us.

If 21k people gave a buck we could help a lot of people! 1 dollar helps....

Know what I mean?

$ on the way.

Scar

I'm fairly confident that this will be open for at least 30 days!

Back