The closest I have ever been to a highside

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
So I take a nice sweet looking curve, nice entry speed smooth, no traffic in sight and I lean the bike over, Im on the gas and about the time my knee touches the asphalt the back end broke loose and moved over about 18 to 24 inches, I stayed on the gas as the bike came out from under me and as I stood it up I could feel the back tire grab again.... There was one jerk in the front end as I could feel my weight (Yeah all of it) being lifted up from the side of the bike to the top and as things settled down I ended up on the seat as I am supposed to be.

I can tell you that I think the front end wobble would have sent me over the handlebars had I not had my GPR stabilizer on the bike. The GPR just took all that shock and lined the bike right up again...

I pulled over and cleaned out my shorts and took a few pics of the tire. You can see the scratch marks from the road going sideways across the tire...

I have had my back tire break loose a few times for an inch or so on a tar snake but nothing like this... After closer inspection there was a light covering of dust and fine sand right where my tire broke loose.....

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

BE CAREFUL on the streets...

Cap

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Re: The clobilisest I have ever been to a highside

Glad your OK. Just a change of the shorts and all is good again. Thats scary **** !

good to see your ok,,,
I like the michlens,,
Im no leaner,,I love banking our of a durve and throttleing up onto a straifgt away feeling,,,but ive always been scared of loseing a leg on the twisties

:snap: This wasn't you was it?

I've had a few puckers on a bike, but if that happened to me, a) I would of highsided. b) I woulda shat myself

good save :laugh: :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Doug, this is what you were doing Huh?

For shame, for shame,:laugh:

drifting.jpg

Nice save Cap. Nothing like some good "pucker factor" to make you fee alive eh.

Whew.....sounds like a close one Cap! Glad you were able to save it!
Uhhhhhh Doug? Let's get that bike washed and detailed out bro! Sheeesh! Looks like she hasn't had a bath since the last time I saw her back in July!! :laugh:

Glad you got through that experience okay, Doug! I'm sure it got your attention. Those Pures are some nice tires btw.

good times bro, you're only truly livin' when you're out on the edge :thumbsup: glad you saved her from getting scraped up!

Good save bro. Glad you made it out with just a change of shorts:laugh:

Bored with dragging knees already? Had to move to drifting?:laugh:

Your tire looks like the side of theSkaz's face last time he mouthed off to me! :laugh:

Glad you came out of it only picking seat leather rather than pavement out of your bum.

Funny you should mention that today. The same thing happened to me on my way home, minus the acrobatics. Mine was caused by oil or transmission fluid from a wreak. It was also on a road I have driven hundreds of times.

They say bad things happen in threes, So who is the other guy doing an unintentional drift today?

So do you think track time played a part in you not going down ? I know my first reaction most likely would have been to CHOP THE THROTTLE OFF, which would have caused you to go flying, wright ?

GLAD you kept it together, the bike that is !!

Yeah you sure don't want to close the throttle when your in that shape.. launch time.:laugh:
Glad it straightened itself out, that could have been ugly.

Maybe some of the dirt from the rear wheel got caught under the tire and caused this ?? Are you sure that isnt Busawhipped's picture you posted ?? :poke: :rofl:

Nice save!

Back