Have a Question

Dakkine2

Donating Member
Registered
I'll try to explain this the best I can.

With my bike up on the rear stand, not running, but in first gear, if I hold the clutch in and rotate the rear tire back and forth, there's a clunk each time I change the rotation with about 3 or 4 inches of free play in between (as if it were in neutral). Once I rotate it to the "clunk" there's some resistance in spinning the tire in either direction.

I've always had a little resistance when spinning the tire in gear and holding the clutch in but it feels as if there's more than usual.

I've also never noticed the "clunk" before either.

Is this all normal and I'm loosing my mind or is something up?
rock.gif

could it be the cush drive maybe worn and slopy? or a worn chain with a tight spot?

Nope. Chain, sprocket, and cush rubbers are all brand new.
It sounds as if it's coming from the tranny or somewhere inside the motor.

something is up-your bike is up on the rear stand-take it down and go riding-you'll know if theres a problem---

I read your post and tried it on both of my Busas. The '05 with 10,000 miles does it as well as the '06LE with 1,000 on the odo.

I believe its just that bit of freeplay like when you park your bike in gear but still able to roll the bike back and forth a bit.

my bike was doing that in the front for a while,  it turns out when i did my brake pad change i put the metal clip on backwards.  have you done a brake pad change?  if its coming from your motor it probably not that but i just thought i would throw that out there just in case.

(Dakkine2 @ Jun. 02 2007,11:27) Do you have the clunk after the freeplay?
There's freeplay, clunk, resistance. That's the case on both bikes. Then when I go in the opposite direction ... 3" +/- of freeplay, clunk, resistance.

You ever noticed when the bike is in neutral and you kick it down into first, the bike still lunges forward a bit even though you have the clutch pulled in? I believe even though you have the clutch pulled in the (clutch, gear, tranny, or whatever the heck goes on down there) isn't FULLY disengaged which is why the bike lunges forward. I doubt it'll be any different with the bike on the stand. Although you have the clutch pulled in, there'd be some sort of resistance but you can still spin the rear tire freely. The clunk could just be whatever it is that is catching ... catching.

i've noticed the small lunge when clicking into first. '06 with 2,800 miles

(Revolution @ Jun. 03 2007,23:57) i've noticed the small lunge when clicking into first. '06 with 2,800 miles
Yep, that's just the Busa being impatient.
smile.gif

Back