Need help - clunking noise has got me troubled

speedster

Registered
Anybody heard of this one before?
When I pull away from a stop in first gear, a mechanical clunk from down low (seems to come from the left side) happens.
Tried to slowly engage the clutch, sort of drag it and the sound still happens.
This happens only in first gear...not all the time either...could there be an issue with the clutch shaft?  
04' Busa has only 5400 kms and this noise has got me troubled

Anybody heard of this one before?
When I pull away from a stop in first gear, a mechanical clunk from down low (seems to come from the left side) happens.
Tried to slowly engage the clutch, sort of drag it and the sound still happens.
This happens only in first gear...not all the time either...could there be an issue with the clutch shaft?  
04' Busa has only 5400 kms and this noise has got me troubled
Same thing happened to me the other day. Was at a stop light and upon take off, the clunk noise. It had never done it before just that day and then on. My previous 02LE also did that. I only have 1300 miles on mine. I have a yoshi full system with a PCIII usp installed. There is no abuse on the bike and everything is per the book.

Any answers or suggestions?

Very common noise and I don't think anybody has ever figured out the exact answer. It happens whenever it wants to so it's hard to pin point.
I personally think it's the chain. I noticed it around 4K miles and it drove me nuts. If you tighten the chain a bit I bet it will go away, but you're better off leaving it right in the middle of recommended specs and living with a random clunk vs going too tight. It goes away with mileage, by the time my Busa turned 7K miles the clunk disappeared.
Others claim it's a back torque limiter resetting which is normal too.
Worn cush rubbers will also cause a clunk but it'll be pretty obvious and happen all the time.

Back