Biggest rat I have ever seen!!

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Scene: watching Daytona 24 hour and the most "shrill, terrified, blood curdling scream you have ever heard... and the better half come "screaming" into the room....

That rat is going to eat the dog!! OMG it is bigger than Princeton (the dog).... (insert another scream) I let the dog out and that thing is going to eat him (insert another scream)......

Oh man wtf is going on now... I wander to the back door (we have no fences here) and here is what I see...

DSC_0067.JPG

Well it is pretty dark but it has a friggen rat tail but there is no way that any rat weighs 15 or 20 lbs... (the size of this thing)

SO... lets get some light on the subject...

DSC_0062.JPG

Its a Possum!!! how cool is that, so I fed it some puppy chow

I think I peed my pants I laughed so hard...... I gotta go get the dog now and calm the Mrs..... BUT I had to share this first....
rofl.gif

DSC_0072.JPG

In the wrong light could definitely look like a rat, but possum it is. Hopefully everyone will sleep well tonite.

I am from AZ... only reason I knew what it was is Animal Planet.... did I make a mistake giving it some food?

He seemed harmless enough (well from 3 feet away) They look a lot worse as road pizza (only place I have seen a real one)

I am still laughing but she is not....

I know Granny Clampette used to make possum stew... will only one work?
laugh.gif

If it scared the pants off of her head to the washer!

I was not there I tell ya!

r8

DSC_0060_1.jpg

I am from AZ... only reason I knew what it was is  Animal Planet....  did I make a mistake giving it some food?  

He seemed harmless enough (well from 3 feet away)   They look a lot worse as road pizza (only place I have seen a real one)

Shouldn't have fed it. Now it's gonna be coming back and they are destructive. And yest they bite and they've got some wicked teeth. Their claws aren't so nice either. Last one I saw was last fall, it took 4 shots w/ a 9mm from 5' to put it down. Mean little fuggers

I am from AZ... only reason I knew what it was is  Animal Planet....  did I make a mistake giving it some food?  

He seemed harmless enough (well from 3 feet away)   They look a lot worse as road pizza (only place I have seen a real one)

Shouldn't have fed it.  Now it's gonna be coming back and they are destructive.  And yest they bite and they've got some wicked teeth.  Their claws aren't so nice either.  Last one I saw was last fall, it took 4 shots w/ a 9mm from 5' to put it down. Mean little fuggers
Only takes one for a cat.
winkold.gif

r8

Shouldn't have fed it.  Now it's gonna be coming back and they are destructive.  And yest they bite and they've got some wicked teeth.  Their claws aren't so nice either.  Last one I saw was last fall, it took 4 shots w/ a 9mm from 5' to put it down. Mean little fuggers
Only takes one for a cat.  
winkold.gif

r8
laugh.gif
Puzzies
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Excuse My Ignorance but what is the Differance Between a "Possum" and a "RAT" ? They Look Exactly Alike. The only differance I can see is that one is Bigger.

um yeah, when its time to rid yourself of it, you will definitely need more than a bb gun to deal with it.

they will bite, they do carry rabbies and well, you dont want one as a pet
laugh.gif

Back