Price For 16'busa

when it comes to waiting for the Gen 3, if you're going to wait, be prepared to wait years. Not a few months.
a few years? based on what exactly? A internet article u read?

Kawi released the H2 a couple years ago and it was an original design and bike with no predecessor and I haven't heard anyone complain about it other then a stiff clutch. Same with the ZX-14 and that certainly wasn't their first model.

again, its NOT a CAR! it doesn't have 100,000 little things to go wrong with all the federal requirements that the government makes cars have these days and a bike has very little electronics to go wrong unlike the interior of a car which has millions of little things to go wrong.

Slozuka has never had an issue building a reliable stout motor for a Busa or any other bike they make so saying you will deal with more problems is an opinion based on nothing wen it comes to a Busa.

of course you pay more for it cause its new. and don't forget as soon as the Gen 3 comes out your Gen II will instantly be worth far less money so buying a Gen 2 to have its worth plummet in 6 month to a year its just dumb.

waiting for the Gen 3 to come out vs. selling your Gen 2 before hand at maximum value will also cost you more money so you can look at it several different ways but to buy a brand new Busa at this point is a waste of money. it aint any different then one several years earlier but ull pay full price for it to only be worth poop wen the Gen 3 is released.

car manufactures release new car models often. Slozuka does it about every decade or so, so cars and bikes are apples to oranges.....

Based on the past... uhh... Nevermind.

In the interest of your blood pressure, alright there buddy, you're right about everything. :clap:

I wud strongly encourage you to buy a brand new Busa.... I'm sure it will hold its value for at least a whole year or so....:rolleyes:

Based on the past... uhh... Nevermind.

In the interest of your blood pressure, alright there buddy, you're right about everything. :clap:

Really? And here I thought they lose value as soon as you roll them out of the showroom.

Good to know. Thanks! `:goodboy:

As said, there are lots of new leftover gen2's out there(and countless good used ones).
And, the older they are, the cheaper the insurance.
They're all the same aside from ABS.
And, there are only 2 types of riders that NEED ABS on a bike too.
The underskilled that can't brake (or ride) well.
And, the world's elite riders, Superbike, MotoGP, Isle of Mann, ect.
The guys that CAN ride a bike beyond it's limits.
Otherwise you're paying for hype.
Can you stop shorter on a wet road with ABS? Unskilled, yes. Skilled, possibly as short a distance.
I've also read alot of old posts on riders stating how they "NEED" ABS for wet riding.
What they really need is to learn how to brake, ride in the rain, and stop thinking they need a crutch to save them.
These same people's comments(honestly no one in this thread, and I don't even remember screen names)just show that they want a Busa for it's reputation, and have no plans to do anything other than cruise it around. Which is fine, to each there own.
Personally, I just find too much hope or trust put into Busa ABS hype.
Ham posted above about an 09 for $7k with 3k miles.
Or pay double for the same bike, newer, with sub-par ABS.
I also make no claims to be some great world class rider.
Just someone who has spent a couple decades riding and playing in the rain.
So, think about what you really need, vs what you want before you buy. You can save thousands.
That same money that can be spent upgrading anything and everthing on the Busa.
If and when a gen3 comes out, and even if it has no real issues; remember it's going to take the aftermarket a while to catch up.
Especially if it gets an electric throttle. Lets hope hope it's not like an R1 lightswitch.
Pro's and con's to everything.

I picked up a brand new 2013 LE just as the 15's were released for $9,800.00 with a free 5 year extended suzuki warranty. The bike already had a 2 Bros. carbon black slip on kit installed for that same price. I feel like I all but stole the bike from the dealership!

Go for a 2015 for around 12.5 out of the door. Do a little search on cycletrader , and remember that the bike does not sell and most of the dealers have a huge inventory of 2015-2016..

As said, there are lots of new leftover gen2's out there(and countless good used ones).
And, the older they are, the cheaper the insurance.
They're all the same aside from ABS.
And, there are only 2 types of riders that NEED ABS on a bike too.
The underskilled that can't brake (or ride) well.
And, the world's elite riders, Superbike, MotoGP, Isle of Mann, ect.
The guys that CAN ride a bike beyond it's limits.
Otherwise you're paying for hype.
Can you stop shorter on a wet road with ABS? Unskilled, yes. Skilled, possibly as short a distance.
I've also read alot of old posts on riders stating how they "NEED" ABS for wet riding.
What they really need is to learn how to brake, ride in the rain, and stop thinking they need a crutch to save them.
These same people's comments(honestly no one in this thread, and I don't even remember screen names)just show that they want a Busa for it's reputation, and have no plans to do anything other than cruise it around. Which is fine, to each there own.
Personally, I just find too much hope or trust put into Busa ABS hype.
Ham posted above about an 09 for $7k with 3k miles.
Or pay double for the same bike, newer, with sub-par ABS.
I also make no claims to be some great world class rider.
Just someone who has spent a couple decades riding and playing in the rain.
So, think about what you really need, vs what you want before you buy. You can save thousands.
That same money that can be spent upgrading anything and everthing on the Busa.
If and when a gen3 comes out, and even if it has no real issues; remember it's going to take the aftermarket a while to catch up.
Especially if it gets an electric throttle. Lets hope hope it's not like an R1 lightswitch.
Pro's and con's to everything.
I had a gen1 (07) and loved it but at the time i purchased it($4800)(sold for $6K)i did not have the cash ,Yes cash me personally i don't think i would ever purchase a brand new bike at 40yrs young i have better priorities then to try and keep up with the Jones. Especially after reading about the Brembo brakes on the busa is just a hype. My brakes more then do the job for my riding style.

I have always had access to a gen2 when i did have my gen1(a friend of mine use to keep his bike in my garage)
So you know I would ride the bike as often as i could and fell in love with it.
I'm just a humble guy.
My 09 Purchased in February suites me just fine, I just try to keep all my stuff lookin clean but with a little extra flavor.
I actually paid $6700 because i paid with cash. Plus over the years i have bought 3 bikes from them and they remember me.

I think I think i made out good.

clean.jpg

Aj's recipt.png

Last edited:
FYI, stopped by today at our local Suzuki shop ... new 2016 Busa's are special priced at $11,245... they have 6 of them.

Well, I am glad New Zealand prices don't apply here:)
I got my new busa (2016) for $8000 plus my old (2014 yellow ) , they gave me 13000 as trade , even with 62000ks on the clock which was a good deal .The busa is approximately $4000 cheaper than the Kawasaki ZX14. No brainer there which is better value for money

Well, I am glad New Zealand prices don't apply here:)
Oh buy the way. What sort of registration costs do you pay for the pleasure of riding your busa there?. In New Zealand I pay $528 for the pleasure of knowing that some wanker in a car might try and kill me by not looking or txting, he/she only pays maximum of $200 to re go the car..Most our re go is ACC levies, which is a state run insurance company which operates a " no fault" scam (scheme ). All medical costs are covered but we pay more as our risks are greater. Oddly enough only 15% of bike crashes are the fault of the rider. Stats ACC have but don't have when it comes to a better deal riders. Something reeks worse than the local poop ponds.

Hope you went ahead and waited OP. 2017 has brought us... bold new graphics!

But in all seriousness, hop over to 'Zuki's website and you can see the 2017 model. So if you did wait, even better time to get a '16. Prices will be dropping a bit shortly.

You can left overs at dealers still with 0 percent financing!

A little crazy on the prices, I remember paying 10,500 for my first Gen I and 11,000 for the Gen II. Didn't know color changes cost so much...

Back