Price Check

Daywalker

Registered
Hello all, I'm new to the forum and I wanted to get everyone's opinion on something. There's an 07 all black Busa for sale in my area, but I'd like to know what you all think is a good price for it. The mods are:

Yoshimura TRS Stainless Full System (4-2-1)
K & N Filter
Power Commander
Injector Kit
Dyno Tune (Claims 190HP)
dunno.gif

Bike was just detailed, and looks brand new. What do you think the MAX price should be on this bike? Oh yeah, it's got just barely over 2200 miles and has had all required servicing to this point. The guy also claims to have all receipts, and the dyno sheet to prove everything he's had done. Thanks everyone...

Welcome to the oRg. Something is only worth as much as you are willing to pay for it. You would be better off getting a nada or blue book quote for a dollar amount. What is the seller asking for it?

My guess is the 190HP is inflated with just thoes mods (or its runing rich as hell due to the injectors and you risk cylinder wash down). Probably due to the dyno not the bike. As for the price, how much is he asking?

The guy wants $10K for it, bluebook retail is $9K. I offered him $9K and he said NO. The guy told me that he owes 8K, and wants 2K for his aftermarkets...

190 RWHP ain't happening with those mods... No about price, well said when it was suggested how much are you willing to spend? Personally you could have bought a left over 07 for roughly $9200 brand new. With that in mind it will hurt the resale of this particular bike no matter how clean.

I agree with KS, personally I would tell him $9000 even or no deal. And sence he is probably lying about the HP (might have even taken some one else's printout while at the dyno cell) if he says no to $9000 then walk away.

Even in PERFECT condition he would be lucky to get 9... I was thinking more in the 8,500 field or so, but like it was said above... it's a good price as long as your driving it home happy!

I think the captian was telling me that bartlesville has some left over 07's really realy cheap....

Way to much for the bike and its not making 190hp with those mods.....maybe at the crank, but not the wheel.

He is WAY to proud of that bike. With pride like that, he will be keeping that bike for a while. Your offer of $9K was too much IMHO.

190 RWHP ain't happening with those mods... No about price, well said when it was suggested how much are you willing to spend? Personally you could have bought a left over 07 for roughly $9200 brand new. With that in mind it will hurt the resale of this particular bike no matter how clean.
+1 iwould of said 8200 max

Modding your ride is never an investment per say. Most people take off all their mods and sell them as not to take to much of a loss. Leaving them on bike gives minimal value to them. Leave your number with him and tell him when he decides to drop price to give you a call. When he calls..tell him you can only go $8500. Him calling you puts you in control of the situation.
2cents.gif

Keep hunting there is deals out there.

Thanks everyone, it's just that I've been on the lookout for a black 07 for a while now and this is the only one that's close. There's another dealership that has one for $8999, but it's RED and I really don't want a red one. I tried to use that to get him to budge on the price but it didn't work, he's not dropping under 10K. Oh well, the search continues I guess......

Thanks everyone, it's just that I've been on the lookout for a black 07 for a while now and this is the only one that's close.  There's another dealership that has one for $8999, but it's RED and I really don't want a red one.  I tried to use that to get him to budge on the price but it didn't work, he's not dropping under 10K.  Oh well, the search continues I guess......
The color is easy to fix... Paint it black for less then $1000 or go on ebay and get a full set of plastics and the gas tank! I know a full set for the 08 are $1500, that is close to 30 pieces taken apart...

For that price I would go with a new bike...

Yeah, you can get a brand new one for $9K or cheaper... BUT, it's gonna be bone stock and your going to have to shell out another $1K for a PC3 and full exhaust. I wouldn't give the guy what he wants, but there are good deals to be had on this site and many others.

Well, I went to go check out the K8 yesterday, and it's starting to grow on me more I think. I've also been reading up on all the upgrades it has over the K7. If I do decide to go new, this will be by far the most I've spent on a bike. Decisions decisions.....

I would just save a little bit then go and get a brand spanking new '08. They are so clean. I got my '02 with 30k on the odo for $3k from my friend. I'm saving right now for a '09 when it comes out. Can't wait.

There's a black '07 here locally, 2200 miles with Corbin beetle bags and a Yosh pipe, for $9000, and he's having trouble selling it. I'd say he's motivated enough to ship if you're interested.

Back