Power loss at 9k RPM

I have an 02 and am having the EXACT same problem, you have nailed my problem to a T. I have posted in another forum. I am about to take my bike into my local shop and have them try to find the problem. Please keep us posted so I know where I may have to start looking. it sounds as though you have put some serious money into the problem already...kinda worries me.

I have an 02 and am having the EXACT same problem, you have nailed my problem to a T. I have posted in another forum. I am about to take my bike into my local shop and have them try to find the problem. Please keep us posted so I know where I may have to start looking. it sounds as though you have put some serious money into the problem already...kinda worries me.

I should find out Tue or Wed what the problem is. Hopefully. And hopefully it will be an easy fix, not too expensive and you can go right to that.

Any updates on the beast?
zzwhip.gif

The latest: The Suzuki Techs are mystified.
The ONLY thing we haven't changed is the wiring harness. So we ordered it and my mechanic is going to put it in next week. We should see on Tue or Wed July 3 or 4. This HAS to work. There's nothing left to change!

I hope this is covered under a warranty! The new 08 is less to buy! tell em to just send you the 1st one!
all_coholic.gif
lurk.gif

Well Big O i think you need to tell the suzuki techs that you are not teh only person having this problem. When i say I am having the exact same problem I mean it is doing EXACTLY what yours is. What year bike is yours?

Can you all that have this problem list what you done as far as mods, maintenance etc?? Please. Maybe zuki put a digital angel chip in the frame that can Be triggered from their Hayabusa to cause more sales on the 08
rock.gif
Ok maybe I'm on the stuff they got MC for using!
all_coholic.gif
lurk.gif

Seems to be on the older ones! I tell ya zuki has a wear date chip in em and the button has been pressed.
all_coholic.gif
argue.gif

Can you all that have this problem list what you done as far as mods, maintenance etc?? Please.[/Quote]

Good point, that makes me curious if we have some of the same mods Big O. I have Slip on Dual Yoshi RS-3 and PCIII. I had a K&N air filter on it and switched it out with a stock one, still same problem. What are your mods Big O?

The only mods are:
Yosh RS3 slip on cans
TRE
bigger intake cams
Speedo Healer
Lockhart Philips power up sprocket.

No warranty for MY bike, it's an 02 with 103k miles on it.
tounge.gif

The mech should be on it on Tue or Wed, as soon as I find out what the problem was I'll post it here.
I should ask Suzuki for a research fee.
smile.gif

Yes, you shoudl get some kinda research fee. I have to ask. From everythign you have replaced it seems as though you may have come close to buying a new bike with the money....

I'm gonna get a break on parts and/or labor. The problem was, whatever we tried didn't work. It should have, but it didn't, so what do you do? Just sell the bike?, No, we just HAD to find out what it was. It will still be cheaper than buying new. I don't think I could wait for the 08s to come out.

I hope the wiring harness solves your problem Owen. Keeping my fingers crossed!

So I have to be honest here, I dont know much about how the busa works mechanically...but i was wondering if this problem could have anythign to do with Valve adjustment? The reason ask this is since my bike has the same problem I have noticed a tapping sound...sounds like when my valves are loose on my 1970 Chevelle...a quick adjustment always solves the problem and increase the power being as everything is working together again...could the engine be getting "confused" at high rpm's because of a valve or timing issue?

This is getting very interesting; what are the symptoms of a dirty or partially clogged fuel filter?

Back