Power loss

jermberm

Registered
I am losing power in second gear. It feels like a slip, but it does not come out of gear. It just glitches for a split second then keeps accelerating. My BUsa is a 2001 with close to 40000 miles on it. I replaced the clutch and the springs. I have put a tre, Dynojet USB 3 and dyno it, single side exhaust, and new slave cylinder. ANy Ideas please help.

Is it a hesitation from the motor or do the RPMs jump for a second?
rock.gif

You could try disconnecting your extras one at a time to see if the problem goes away... i'd start with the TRE. Disconnect it and go ride, see if the problem is still there. Then go to the PC... it could be the map like 300busa said....

just reread your post... you said 2001 busa with a PC3 USB... i thought PC3's were for 2002 and up... dont you have to use a regular PC for a 99-01 busa?
rock.gif

may be the fuel pump. Mine is doing the same thing but it's only in hard acceleration. I'll baby it til it starts raining, then I'll put it in the shop.

I have the same problem! mine seems to lose power between 4500rpm and 5000rpm, once it crosses 5000rpm mark it's smooth again. HELP....

You could try disconnecting your extras one at a time to see if the problem goes away... i'd start with the TRE.  Disconnect it and go ride, see if the problem is still there.  Then go to the PC... it could be the map like 300busa said....  

just reread your post... you said 2001 busa with a PC3 USB... i thought PC3's were for 2002 and up... dont you have to use a regular PC for a 99-01 busa?
rock.gif
I use a PC3 USB on Bessie; she's an '01... haven't had any problems...

I have a stock 2006 Busa and there is a 4500 RPM vibration that continues up to 4800 RPM.

Is this a common issue with Busa motors?

Is there anything that can be done to eliminate it (remember I'm stock - no PC's or TRE's etc.)  

Its not severe but its enough of a vibration that cruising with other Highway riders at 90 mph is worrisome.

Nimzondn

Sorry, I tried a search and came up with nothing but I see there's another thread about this. I'll go there and see about answers.

nim

I am losing power in second gear.  It feels like a slip, but it does not come out of gear. It just glitches for a split second then keeps accelerating. My BUsa is a 2001 with close to 40000 miles on it.  I replaced the clutch and the springs. I have put a tre, Dynojet USB 3 and dyno it, single side exhaust, and new slave cylinder. ANy Ideas please help.
chain and sprockets

I am putting a new chain on this week. sprockets looked good. no cracks or missing teeth. everything else is in order. was dynoed every 250 rpm with PC 3 USB. I still think i am going to get a new tranny.

Back