power "hiccup" under acceleration

easportz

Registered
I have an issue lately with a sudden loss of power for a split second under acceleration; I have no idea what is causing it and the local Suzuki shop is stumped...

mods to the bike: PC-III, full Muzzy, K&N.
Used to run an Ivan's TRE but it threw an FI code 2 months ago and removed it.

I removed the PC3 and the bike seemed to have the power drop out in 3-5gears, I put it back in and it seems to be having the issue in 1-2 gears. ( I plan on remapping the PC this evening and clueing up all the grounds and any other electrical connections)
The kick stand sensor appears to be fine ( no separation between the "button" and the kick stand.

Anyone have any other ideas?

'05, 74k miles
never changed the fuel pump, I wanted to try all the cheap fixes before getting to the pump/filters

74K miles? Do you know the service history and if the fuel pump and filter has ever been serviced?
If not, just change the fuel filter and clean the pump screen etc, hey, it needs to be done anyway at that mileage!
It's a case of the 'little things' like service items being neglected and overlooked when diagnosing faults such as the one you have described often being the cause.
It's the first place to start anyway . . . . the basics.

1-4 gears under load. Usually around 5k rpm in lower gears but sometimes around 8k. Always under acceleration.
New map installed, no fix.
Next step is the pump and screens and checking all electronic connections and double check the kickstand switch...
Son if a ...aaaarrrggghhhh!

1-4 gears under load. Usually around 5k rpm in lower gears but sometimes around 8k. Always under acceleration.
New map installed, no fix.
Next step is the pump and screens and checking all electronic connections and double check the kickstand switch...
Son if a ...aaaarrrggghhhh!
There's the clue right there, always under accelaration.
You are demanding more fuel than the pump can deliver.
I will bet my last 5cents it's a fuel supply issue . . . .
1536458308369.jpeg

ran thru every possible fix i could before finally resigning myself to the worst possible source of issue... The drive gears, 2 and 3 (the work horse gears) were worn just enough that they would cause slip when engaging and slam into the next block on the gear. I figured since I am having the engine opened up I may as well replace all the insides... Rings, bushings, de-carboned the entire inside and polished, bearings, all 6gears and some other things. Luckily, my buddy is my mechanic (for bigger jobs like this) and he did a great job. It was expensive, but I now know that at 75k miles the engine is essentially brand new for another 75+k miles.

Here's the worse news!!
During a trip to NC mountains 3 days after getting her back, I hit some gravel in a blind uphill right and got thrown down. Engine still perfect. however the right side plastics are F'd! under tail bent, exhaust mangled... anyone had any experience with some good aftermarket fairings?!

ran thru every possible fix i could before finally resigning myself to the worst possible source of issue... The drive gears, 2 and 3 (the work horse gears) were worn just enough that they would cause slip when engaging and slam into the next block on the gear. I figured since I am having the engine opened up I may as well replace all the insides... Rings, bushings, de-carboned the entire inside and polished, bearings, all 6gears and some other things. Luckily, my buddy is my mechanic (for bigger jobs like this) and he did a great job. It was expensive, but I now know that at 75k miles the engine is essentially brand new for another 75+k miles.

Here's the worse news!!
During a trip to NC mountains 3 days after getting her back, I hit some gravel in a blind uphill right and got thrown down. Engine still perfect. however the right side plastics are F'd! under tail bent, exhaust mangled... anyone had any experience with some good aftermarket fairings?!

I heard a lot of good things about injen and monster fairings. Sounds like you fell pretty hard, glad you’re okay man.

:confused: Bummer man . . . .
I just hate seeing a wounded Busa . . . . . . not good :banghead:
I have aftermarket Chinese fairings, they are good value for $$$
Bolted straight on, no fitment issues at all, and cheap.
The paint quality is good, the graphics are good also, well worth looking at.
Here's my bike so you can get an idea of how the fairings look . . .
I got them at Aliexpress.

IMG_1766.JPG

Here's the worse news!!

Damn man I feel your pain, my bike was wrecked 2 years ago and the worst part was that I was not even riding it.

https://monsterfairings.com/17-fairings-for-suzuki-motorcycle?id_model=32&page=1&year=2005

Monster fairings all the way, I just dealt with them on fairings for my bike and went the custom route for the additional $75.00 and it was well worth it. They replicated the paint scheme of my original 06 with a twist, I darkened the silver undertone lines. Turned out really well, some of the paint on the parts was not to my liking (uneven clear and some dust in the clear) they went ahead and replaced all the parts for me with no issue whatsoever.

Also for mirrors, KiWav has some kick ass mirrors for the Busa (well all sport bikes in general)
https://www.kiwavmotors.com/en/mirrors/motorcycle-two-tone-led-mirrors-lucifer-black-magazi-detail

I went with the Lucifer's on my re-built because I wanted a signal mirror like my 600 had for the past 12 years and finally found a quality cost effective solution.

Back