Clutch problems!

Hogan40

Registered
I have a 2006 Busa. Recently had the clutch and master cylinder replaced. When the bike temperature gets about midway or warm (stop & go traffic) it's shifts fine but she slips after gear change. Almost like the clutch basket is not engaging. Makes a whole lot of noise but not a whole lot of power is being used. What steps do I need to next. Clutch slave cylinder? Please help!

What part of the clutch did you have replaced besides the master cylinder? Slave cylinder, control/reservoir, plates, springs, basket...?

(...) Makes a whole lot of noise but not a whole lot of power is being used. What steps do I need to next. Clutch slave cylinder? Please help!

what kind of noise?
caused by the rpm
or
mechanical noise from right side down?

if mechanical
never! start the engine again
before
opening the clutch cover and
controling the 6 M6 bolts and
the 6 studs where the M6 are screwed in!

if the studs come loose, this will follow.
nkleben%20-%20ALLE%20Hayabusa%20&%20B-King_Seite_2.jpg

nkleben%20-%20ALLE%20Hayabusa%20&%20B-King_Seite_1.jpg

or does it sound like this?
then at min. one of the M6 is loose
and scratches inside the cover.
see pic
02.jpg

I have a 2006 Busa. Recently had the clutch and master cylinder replaced. When the bike temperature gets about midway or warm (stop & go traffic) it's shifts fine but she slips after gear change. Almost like the clutch basket is not engaging. Makes a whole lot of noise but not a whole lot of power is being used. What steps do I need to next. Clutch slave cylinder? Please help!

Welcome on your first post...sadly it has to be a post needing help and not to show off your beast...

I take it you had a shop do the work? If so, it needs to go back there and I wouldn't ride it until the source of the sound is found. Just as @Berlin Germany pointed out, the results of something not put together correctly could be catastrophic and costly.......

No what I meant by noise is that it's reving up but not moving like it should. Installed clutch plate kit, springs and master cylinder has a rebuild kit on it. Like today is a new day so once I start to ride it, it will ride good for a about 15 minutes, once it heats up and I'm in traffic (stop & go) and start to shift gears it feels like it's slipping immediately after gear change

:welcome: to the Org.
Serviced provided by a shop?...take it back. If it was me,I would have them pick it up by way of truck or trailer (at their cost) if it's a ball they've dropped.As Mr. Berlin pointed out,clutch noise can be nasty.Don't ride it any more.
If you've done the work,we will need about 20 more details. The boyz are pretty smart with about a 99.99% success rate on fixes.
You've come to the right place...this is perhaps the best website on the planet (Busa and non-Busa related).
Let us know.
Rubb.

No what I meant by noise is that it's reving up but not moving like it should. Installed clutch plate kit, springs and master cylinder has a rebuild kit on it. Like today is a new day so once I start to ride it, it will ride good for a about 15 minutes, once it heats up and I'm in traffic (stop & go) and start to shift gears it feels like it's slipping immediately after gear change
All the air is out of the system?
Rubb.

Yes. It's been bled. I'm going to put it back in the shop and just have them murder my pockets. I was told maybe be slave cylinder, maybe clutch basket and hub. So I guess I'll let them do process of elimination
You paid for a service my man...you did not get that service. I would not pay a dime. Don't get angry at first,let them repair it properly...then argue coin.
Don't pay your bill (if there is one) until you have done a LONG test ride. All ride conditions,all gears,hot and cold motor etc.
Rubb.

Only issue I ever had with my clutch after putting in new plates and springs was the slave cylinder cover trying to flex off the bike. Ended up using 3 new springs + 3 OEM springs and put on a slave cylinder support bracket. 0 issues since then.
Be sure to actually come back to this thread and tell what the issue + solution were!

Only issue I ever had with my clutch after putting in new plates and springs was the slave cylinder cover trying to flex off the bike. Ended up using 3 new springs + 3 OEM springs and put on a slave cylinder support bracket. 0 issues since then.
Be sure to actually come back to this thread and tell what the issue + solution were!
Once you put them on did the bike start acting like it didn't wanna take off once it got warm after riding it for about 10-15 minutes?
Rebuilt master. I’ll bet the secondary hole is plugged up
I'll tackle this task later on today.

Once you put them on did the bike start acting like it didn't wanna take off once it got warm after riding it for about 10-15 minutes?
Nope. I installed the Carpenter clutch (mod) ring and it came with stiffer springs so I figured I would change them+plates while I was in there. New springs made it so stiff I couldn't pull the clutch with one hand, then it became suddenly soft and I saw my slave cover flexing off :shocked:Put half the OEM springs back in, added the support bracket, and rode around the block nice and slow...shifting through all the gears for 20 mins. Only issue since then is not pulling up my left toe fast enough
biggrin[1].gif

biggrin[1].gif

Back