Clutch problems.....again...

_01

Registered
so i was having problems with my clutch a couple of weeks ago. it felt fine when the bike was warm but got progressively worse as it warmed up. got to the point where it slipped so bad that it would barely move. also the friction zone moved further out. well i replaced the clutch with a drag pak. It was set at 2 in stack height. Put 40 lb springs in there and a slave support. The slave was filthy and seemed like it was stuck so i cleaned that up and it was alot better. i also noticed there was scoring in the slave cylinder. enough to catch with my nail. well cleaned all tha up the rod seemd a little rusty but i cleaned it up. greased it a bit n put it all back together. bled system. had a problem where i couldnt find neutral and now thats gone but my clutch is slipping again. not as bad but it slips. could it be the slave cylinder? any ideas?? also another wierd issue. when im cruising and in ger with the clutch pulled in if i get on the rear brake hard enough it feels like the trans bogs. weird? whats that all about:dunno:
anything helps...thanks

At this point I would take it off (again) and make sure all is tight in there. (try 4 of the old springs) the bogging should be normal on a quick stop.
Good luck.:thumbsup:

I just replaced my clutch slave rubber cap as well as the spring since it was leaking, found out that there no proper movement between the slave and the rod, the rubber cap had turned hard and was preventing proper movement. Once I got the part replaced and cleaned the slave the clutch is much smoother.

The spring and rubber is very cheap, around $10, easy fix. Make sure the clutch lines are bled properly and replaced with clean DOT4.

Back