Clutch problems.

Hi any info would be great thanks.
I have only changed the clutch springs, since then the clutch will not move, the rod on the slave will not move in

rubbersidedown

BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
It would be hard to mess this up,but I'm guessing you removed all the springs at once and and had a peek inside,just to see. :laugh:

When you did that,it allowed the rod to extend.

Remove counter shaft sprocket cover,open bleed valve,push slave piston all the way back in,close bleed,re-install cover,bleed system,good-2-go. :thumbsup:

Why the need to change the springs? Going to the strip?

RSD.

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
What springs did you install, how heavy are they?

You could have broke the sprocket cover possibly!

It would be hard to mess this up,but I'm guessing you removed all the springs at once and and had a peek inside,just to see. :laugh:

When you did that,it allowed the rod to extend.

Remove counter shaft sprocket cover,open bleed valve,push slave piston all the way back in,close bleed,re-install cover,bleed system,good-2-go. :thumbsup:

Why the need to change the springs? Going to the strip?

RSD.
I have put the engine in a smart car, I was told i need to change the springs to heavier ones
I have pushed it all the way back but it is only moving about 1mm. I have even tried to connect the bike master cylinder but no joy.
I am thinking it could be the slave faulty?:banghead:

What springs did you install, how heavy are they?

You could have broke the sprocket cover possibly!
That all I know that they are heavy duty ones,
I have striped the clutch down and checked the push rod in side the engine and it seems ok.
I have pushed the piston all the way back and bleed the system loads of times
But no joy. I thinks I will just have to fit the old ones and try it again and see if it works then?