No go blues

w.parker

Registered
Hello everyone. Good to be here. I come in search of knowledge. I have an '06 limited 15300 miles with clutch/slave issues. Slave extends and retracts when the clutch lever is pulled and the clutch rod is not sticking but if you're holding the lever and put the bike in gear it shuts off. I bled the slave and it didn't help. I'm thinking its a slave issue because even after bleeding the lever pull goes a bit soft again. Any other ideas?

May need to rebuild slave or master cylinder. Did you have much air when you bled your system?

No air in the line, that's why I'm thinking the slave is bleeding back could be master cylinder pumps seals also. Master cylinder slipped my mind. Guess I need to pump the lever and see if the slave holds pressure.

Thank you all for your help and a really big thank you to Troy. A quick check with my multimeter did in fact reveal a faulty kickstand switch, a quick jumper of the switch connections verified the switch to be the problem. Now to replace the switch and git'r back on the road. " On the Road Again, no more No Go Blues thanks to my new found friends, wishin you all safe travels and good times that never end, I'm so glad to be on the road again":whistle: My best to you all and thanks for the help.

You and me both. You know I had the fairing off bleeding the slave Saturday, I looked dead at the kickstand switch and ignored it. There's no telling how much trouble I would have put myself thru before it came to my mind to check that switch. By the way X's opinions don't count. You're O.K. By me. Now my wife on the other hand, she's not happy with you at all, she's enjoyed having me catch up the yard work on these warm sunny days we've had here in my part of NC. I fired it up to test it just as she pulled up the drive, I yelled out "It's Hayabusa time" pulled on my helmet and hit the road. I was only gone 5 mins. Wanna replace that switch, safety first. Thanks again and stay safe

Lol! Good to hear. Tell the wife sorry for me. Tell her you guys now have to thank me in person and ride down to bikeweek....that'll be a big hit I'm sure! Haha
Troy

Back