Clutch Slave Not Disengaging Clutch.....

duck7779311

Registered
Ok its me again... :please:problem started when I threw my chain on my 1397cc busa and had to replace a few things to include getting some new ears fabricated on the case. Now the problem is that I cant get my clutch to disengage, it appears as if the slave push rod is not reaching the other connecting push rod inside the clutch...???

here are some other things i considered but i dont know where to start:

*the fabricated ears on the case may protrude too long or may be too short
*the clutch may just need to be power bled
*the clutch slave could be bad??? leaking???
*may need to cut a custom size push rod to account for the discrepancies in the welding of the new ears????

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS OR IDEAS?????:banghead:

you have a lot of variables here... but I would focus on the things you have changed.

and remember your 01 clutch is a little different than the newer models.

Thanks for the feedback. I will try to troubleshoot it more tomorrow, hopefully I will have some good news. Btw if it matters, it is an aftermarket lock up race clutch....

also the clutch cylinder is now leaking - noticed a small puddle under it today.. does anyone have one for sale along with the push rod???

Ok- i have tried to find a power bleeder but no local parts stores seem to carry one. trying to find one online. in the mean time i ordered a new clutch slave cylinder and push rod from ronayers.com- i hope it works! does anyone know a better online parts store??? i think ronayers is user friendly and has detailed fiche. :laugh:

we have bleeder kits here can ship today.. one man deal coolest tool..

Now might be a good time to add a slave cylinder support bracket. When I put the Brock's clutch mod in I had issues with not putting the plates back in the right order and the clutch would not disengage which I solved by consulting the manual. Good luck and post up when you get your problem solved to let us know.

Last edited:
Ok - I figured out the clutch problem.

I installed a new clutch slave cylinder and bleed it according to the service manual and it worked perfectly!!!! :laugh: :beerchug: now my only problem is that i need to tweek the spacing between my case and the sprocket cover to adjust the length of the push rod because the shifter is sticking and difficult to upshift. I could just cut the push rod but I think one more washer will do the trick!

Thanks for everyones help - Duck out

Don't get it... if the clutch isn't moving enough how would putting in a spacer help?
Wouldn't that just make the problem even worse??
Or am I just ( as usual) misunderstanding things?? :laugh:

Back