clutch is still slipping

fast life

Registered
I have an 01 busa with about 14k on it. all was good until it fell over and broke the clutch lever completly off at the master cylider. I replaced the master and the line and the bike rode fine for about 2 miles and then the clutch started to slip. i replaced the slave cylinder and put in a set of track king clutches and still the same thing. after just a few minutes of riding the clutch start slipping to the point where it wont even pull the bike. ive ordered a clutch mod kit with heavy duty springs and a slave support bracket. if this doesnt fix the prob i dont know what else to do. any ideas? i need some help

What kind of oil are you running ? Doesn't sound like a master / slave cylinder issue. Those items disengage the clutch when operated. If it was working well before the off and you haven't changed the oil, then for get my question.

Help will be along

1st thimg i did when i bought the bike about 5months ago was to change the oil and the plugs. i always just use suzuki oil

Sounds like the clutch itself is not pulling the plates and steels together. GixerHP is a wealth of knowledge, PM him but I think if it was the master cylinder, you may not have used/torqued the right banjo bolt?

How was it bleeding the clutch after all the change?

1st thimg i did when i bought the bike about 5months ago was to change the oil and the plugs. i always just use suzuki oil

The clutches on the Busa are wet and using the wrong oil can cause this. That's why I asked. The oil is fine.

it wasnt as easy as i had hoped but i bled out all the air and the clutch seemed to work fine until after a few minutes of riding and it started slipping again

yes sir! i learned that lesson a long time ago. i dont dare stray from Suzuki oil and im starting to think i souldnt stray their clutches either.

I am not certain of this...but when there is air in the line it does not fully disengage...the clutch pack will pull a bit while you pull in the clutch lever (or a broken slave cyl) Like at a traffic light

It sounds like the clutch pack is slightly lower (stack height) than needed. It may be worth the time to drain the oil and take a look inside...make sure all the parts are in there and in the correct order. The slipping sounds like burned up fibers...but since you just replaced them that should not be an issue.

does the order in which the aftermarket steels and fibers install differ from that of which a stock replacement set would ?

Since the bike fell over and broke the clutch lever I am assuming the lever was installed improperlly and not fully disengaging the clutch making it slip.
I don't what other problems were induced if any during your complete clutch rebuild in the process.
I would throw the oem clutch pack back in and focus on the clutch lever... bushing etc.

Since the bike fell over and broke the clutch lever I am assuming the lever was installed improperlly and not fully disengaging the clutch making it slip.
I don't what other problems were induced if any during your complete clutch rebuild in the process.
I would throw the oem clutch pack back in and focus on the clutch lever... bushing etc.
I mentioned the brass bushing in a Pm to him, to make sure the pin of the master cylinder is lined up!

As far as the clutch pack, the last fiber plate needs to be turned one notch in the basket compared to the rest of the stack!

is the rotation of the last fiber for getting oil in the mating surface area? would that last fiber see more force than the inner ones on a 1st gear launch?

Also did you soak the plates in oil before installation?

Back