Power Commander

Pit Bull 13

Registered
I have a 08 Busa no performance mods yet. even stock exhaust.. i was wondering if a power commander would be a good first investment.. so when i get new exhaust this summer I can tweak it.. and any other mods.. I know a lot of people swear by it. anyones experience would be great. Thanks for your input...

Exhaust first, then have your ecu flashed, no need for a power commander, ecu flashing removes all restrictions and sets the air fuel mixture for YOUR bike plus a whole lot more! contact SmithBusa for a list of flashers in your area, thats what I did! And by the way :welcome:

ok so Ill still buy it and sit on it till i get my full exhaust and im looking into a air filter kit. still not sure on that but once i do im putting tham all on at the same time. I just didn't wanna buy a full Exhaust and air kit and be waiting for a power commander..

my last bike a guy punched the motor out and it ran like crap till i put a better intake, jet kit and racing ignition system.. so I was down a few weeks. im trying to prevent that from happining again..

so re-cap dont install commander until i get atleast full exhaust ?

Exhaust first, then have your ecu flashed, no need for a power commander, ecu flashing removes all restrictions and sets the air fuel mixture for YOUR bike plus a whole lot more! contact SmithBusa for a list of flashers in your area, thats what I did! And by the way :welcome:

what does it mean to have the ecu flashed?
Also, what about a power commander if I have slip ons?

Last edited:
So now I just bought a air filter. BMC. and a Power Commander.. still looking for that right exhaust. I'm thinking CS One.

So now I just bought a air filter. BMC. and a Power Commander.. still looking for that right exhaust. I'm thinking CS One.

Pit Bull...that would be a nice set-up the new Vance & Hines system is getting some nice reviews and has a great sound to it.

My only recommendation would be to take your bike and have it custom Dyno tuned (don't worry about getting caught up in the numbers) w/ those mods. Easily the best way to take full advantage of them and have your bike run a whole lot smoother. It's worth the extra coin to get it done :thumbsup:

Andy, ecu flashing is programming the onboard computer, does everything a pc does and a whole lot more, no need for a powercommander, flashing removes all restrictions including the 186mph limiter and sets the air /fuel ratios throught the rpm range. read the pinned thread about ecu flashing on the gen2 message board..:thumbsup:

:welcome: to the .org! I would get the power commander, but hold off putting it on until you get the full exhaust or do some other mods to the bike.

Back