Power commander or exhaust first?

i put a tsukigi on and was getting some deep backfiring. was told i could burn a piston. installed a bazzaz box, that was programmed by another member here. stopped the problem.
it'd prolly be best to do the box and pipe at the same time, or have the ecu flashed at the same time, at least

backfiring isn't really caused by your mapping as much as the pair valve. But yes, mapping can help solve it.

Breathing Problems full exhaust requires different mappings. O2 Sensor on the 08 like stated will keep the F1 light on

if it has a o2 sensor then yes odds are you will need a new map. That is if the a/f moves beyond the set parameters of your ecu (which your FI light would imply it does.)

I did the PCIII, full Brock's Alienhead exhaust and airbox mod together. Remember, better exhaust means more air coming out faster. The airbox isn't necessary but it's rather inexpensive compared to the exhaust and it will be the next power bottleneck you'd have.

If they are slip ons, you shouldnt need a power commander. I have the two brother shorties on & no power commander..I haven't had any problems at all...Here is a sample of the Two Brother Shorties...

- Two Brothers Hayabusa Exhaust[/url]

Here is another longer sample I found on youtube...

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go exhaust first, and a pc ONLY if your getting a full system, i dont thinks theres a need for it with slip-ons

If they are slip ons, you shouldnt need a power commander. I have the two brother shorties on & no power commander..I haven't had any problems at all...Here is a sample of the Two Brother Shorties...

- Two Brothers Hayabusa Exhaust[/url]

Here is another longer sample I found on youtube...

- Hayabusa with Two Bros. exhaust shorty chrome...fly by's[/url]

See what you made me do ...

Last edited by a moderator:
"See what you made me do ..."

LoL, nice!!!!

I wanted to keep the dual exhaust look so I went with the Two Brothers Shorties....

Back