Power Commander

Hayabusa2005

Registered
Saw that Motorcycle Superstore has the Power Commander III on sale for 272.00 for the Busa. They have two...one is a USB. Have some questions:

1. Which one is better?

2. Is this worth the money for better and smoother throttle response? (I have yet to change exhaust or do any mods).

3. My Busa is all stock...what should I do first?

The PC III is USB, you need to hook up to puter to dyno and/or download maps to it. I think I paid 259 for mine. The need for it is highly debated here on the site. My own personal opinion if you are going to do mods to the bike that could alter the performance, then yes you should get it. Some say that the 08 has a self adjusting fuel system, and dont need it. If you are going to run stuff like NOS and Turbo, then i think you really need it. I by far am no expert, so by all means do research on it and come to your own conclusion.

Saw that Motorcycle Superstore has the Power Commander III on sale for 272.00 for the Busa. They have two...one is a USB. Have some questions:

1. Which one is better?

2. Is this worth the money for better and smoother throttle response? (I have yet to change exhaust or do any mods).

3. My Busa is all stock...what should I do first?

As far as what you should do first, that would depend on what you want to acheive. There are many experts here, someone will chime in soon.

kinda like to hear some expert opinion on this, ALSO. I have aftermarket exhaust(dual Yoshis), should I get PCIII?

1.USB is better,but not for all models.It loads faster,easier and the tuner will prefer it too.

2.Its worth for mods with 4-2-1 exhaust no need for slip ons at all.And other major mods to tune the correct or close enough air fuel ratio.

3.You should spent on better tyres,suspension mods and brakes systems.Change to steel braided hoses front and back,better brake pads.Install race tech gold valve for the front forks and ohlins rear suspension

Last edited:
If you plan on getting a full exhaust system it's good to have, but if you are just getting a set of cans I wouldn't bother.

cheers
ken

I have a 2005 - I am wanting to achieve more horsepower and even throttle response throughout the range, so dollar for dollar what mods should I go with first. I am wanting to preserve the engine and reliability...which means nitrous produces HP but likely to be hard on engine right?

Here are my thoughts as I had similar questions that were answered here recently. Out of the 2 PCs, get the usb. However, that is only if you are going to mod the bike. If you are stock, there is no need for the power commander. Some here say that you don't need it if you get slip ons and those that don't have it have not reported any problems or performance drawbacks. The data I have collected says not true. ANY type of change to your bike, will influence. Maybe granted not as impacting as a full system but it will. If you air mod your air box, that makes even more of a change. So if you plan on doing any of this....even just slip ons and an airbox mod, I would get the PC. My Opinion from all my research and input in this forum.

What would I suggest you go for on your bike.....
If you want HP. Definitely go to a 4-2-1 exhaust first with the power commander. I personally lean towards the Brock's line. Thats just me. There are many good ones out there. Akropovik would defintiely be top in my list as well. I would do that, small airbox mod with velocity stacks.

If you want to do nitrous or turbo, I can't comment on that due to my limited knowledge for now. Hope this helps. Keep coming to your thread. I'm sure some of the more seasoned experienced fellows here will reply soon and give you more experienced advice. :thumbsup:

I have a 2005 - I am wanting to achieve more horsepower and even throttle response throughout the range, so dollar for dollar what mods should I go with first. I am wanting to preserve the engine and reliability...which means nitrous produces HP but likely to be hard on engine right?

You need to get a full exhust system, look on ebay you can get them very cheap!!! i have an 05 with 4-2-1 micron BIG diffrence, i currently dont have a pcIII(future mod) and mine runs 100 X's better. there are allot of mods you can do to increas HP, do a search!!! as for what to spend the money on A FULL EXHAUST would be my #1, you get a 10 12 # weight reduction, breaths better, better responce, sound is GREAT, and more HP/ Torque.... also look into getting a 43 sprocket that alone makes a big diffrence on low end torque, and if ya wanna get crazey get a 16 front:laugh: thats my opinion!! hope it helps...

I would get the PCIII USB, only with a full system, jmo. Just as important as the Power Comander is, the map you get is just as important !! You can download maps from the PC website, that alot of people run, and say they are fine. But if you have the $$$ you can take it to a tuner, or see what some of the GREAT ONES (from here) can do for you, like GPW, Johny Cheese, Boost by Smith (I hope that's right). I can't think of the rest of them off the top of my head, but those 3 have made MANY people here happy.

Last edited:
Back