Power Commander

gabusa

Donating Member
Registered
I bought a 03 Busa that already has a full Yosh exhaust and power commander. The problem is I know nothing about a power commander and map stuff. Educate me.

I've tried the search a bunch of times on this board. I have yet to find what I was looking for. Most of the responses seem to be through PM's.

I asked about power commanders also and got about 5 replies telling me to PM JohhnyCheese. That doesn't help out the board, and it surely won't give anyone anything to search for at a later date...

Its hard to give any answers without specific questions. Is your bike running good?? If its allready installed, are you trying to mess with it or just learn about it?? Are you planning more mods?? Are you planning on tunning it on a dyno??

Welcome to the board.
biggrin.gif

Its hard to give any answers without specific questions.  Is your bike running good??  If its allready installed, are you trying to mess with it or just learn about it??  Are you planning more mods??  Are you planning on tunning it on a dyno??
Its running great. I don't want to mess with it. I want to get educated on what it does. I plan to dyno soon.

A Power Commander is a piggy back PC that plugs into your wire harness so you can reprogram your bike to run properly with after market exhaust systems and or modifications to your bike.

There are a whole bunch of things to know about the power commander! I suggest you go check out the www.powercommander.com site... its quite informative, and has a lot of .pdf manuls to install and set up the PC3
smile.gif

Hi Guys, I dont have a PowerCommander, but when I took Bike for Dyno they plugged Yoshi box in and did some fine tuning and then removed the Yoshi box again.....

My question is - Would @ PC make a BIG difference to my bike?

Have Full Yoshi Tri Oval System and Airbox Mod with BMC filter...

Thanks in advance

Hi Guys, I dont have a PowerCommander, but when I took Bike for Dyno they plugged Yoshi box in and did some fine tuning and then removed the Yoshi box again.....

Thanks in advance
I would say to exploit the full potential of you existing mods, you need the PC3 usb.With atleast the map for your mods if a custom tune is not in your picture.

Thanks in advance
Yup .. you most definetly need a PC3 if you are having those mods
biggrin.gif

Back