Power Commander

Epstein

Registered
I am thinking about buying a Power Commander and was wondering if it would really make a difference on an 06 Busa with just Yosh bolt ons. What do you think?

Not needed like stated above. But will probably smooth out the low end even more then bolt-ons alone.
Comes down to you pocket book & if you want it or not.

I noticed on the Power Commander website that there is a map for stock Busa with Yosh bolt ons. Will this smooth out the power at all?

Necessary? No. It helps the engine function more efficiently, especially when you start adding on extras like exhaust, air filter, Pair-Valve block off mod, stacks, etc.

Best to do your homework and determine what your overall plan is.  Then get with someone like Greg at HPC for some expert tuning.

P.

beerchug.gif

It makes a worthwhile difference even with just bolt ons. It will allow you to get the bike dyno tuned and then the difference in smoothness has to be felt to be believed. And the dyno tuning will clean up your air feul ratio which will add horsepower and smoothness. Just do it! It is only money, cash is temporary, the busa is forever!

Save your money.
Heres what my plugs looked like with the (map for stock Busa with Yosh bolt ons) from their web site.

b_016.jpg

Well here is a dyno sheet showing an increase of 10 horsepower at the rear wheel and a much cleaner air feul ratio which translated into much smoother throttle response. All of this was just with slip-ons. There were no changes made to the bike betweeen runs other than the good tune!

My_Dyno_Run.png

This is all I am going to tell ya if you want to waste your money go head and Grab up the PCIII. If you decide to switch over to a full system later then you will have it.

(TXBusa05LE @ Aug. 15 2007,10:00) Waste of $.
We'll see if you say that after Sunday's ride
poke.gif

Go with a PCIII but factor in $150-200 for a custom map. Otherwise, save your money. Just my .02

(Epstein @ Aug. 15 2007,09:12) I am thinking about buying a Power Commander and was wondering if it would really make a difference on an 06 Busa with just Yosh bolt ons. What do you think?
It made a nice diff in performance for me with just bolt ons and a BMC filter. Get a good map off their site and you might be suprised
wink.gif

I have slip ons, and a custom map from Greg at GPW. All I can say is what a difference it makes riding hard in the Hill country. My 2c.

Back