Power Commander benefits?

Any benefit from a Power Commander if I’m just running Yosh R77 slip-ons?
Absolutely it's a big plus. I put one on with STOCK exhaust and it made a tremendous improvement. I will be posting dyno numbers soon when I get the full exhaust but I'm feeling like the PC5 was as much gain as the full exhaust will be.

If you have one already, can get one cheap, or plan on a full exhaust in the future, I'd do it.

No intention of doing a full exhaust, just wondering about any benefits otherwise. I was thinking maybe the OEM map might not be optimal due to EPA considerations instead of solely peak performance. Or I guess an Ivan’s (or other) flash is an option too. Don’t mind spending the money as long as it would improve acceleration, torque, etc.

No intention of doing a full exhaust, just wondering about any benefits otherwise. I was thinking maybe the OEM map might not be optimal due to EPA considerations instead of solely peak performance. Or I guess an Ivan’s (or other) flash is an option too. Don’t mind spending the money as long as it would improve acceleration, torque, etc.
A custom (dyno) tune is hands down the best way to go, you'll need either a piggyback (PC5 etc) or ecu editing for either. Which you choose is probably a matter of opinion, there are benefits to both.

Just to be clear, a PC5 or ECU Flash is not necessary for slip-ons as the bike can adjust for these. If you go to a full exhaust and filter, you'll need to adjust the fuel being delivered to the engine with a PC5 or Flash. An ECU Flash and PC5 tune do the same thing. The PC5 adds fuel to what the ECU is telling your injectors to provide, but with a Flash the bike's ECU can be reprogrammed to do this also. With the ECU flash, you don't have to add the PC5, but Dynojet tuners are much more common out there so many go the PC5 route (I have a PC5).

A dynotune will in fact improve even a stock bike. The OEM tune basically sucks and a good tuner can generally find a few ponies with just a dyno tune. But the big advantage of a dyno tune on a stock bike is a smoother, more responsive, better managed engine.

Give Frank a call at Power House! I wish I had found out about him before I had purchased the Two Brothers Juice Box years ago. I make good power but he was able to tell me the benefits & further management with the PC5 in about 6seconds. Wasted $ now have to change over, flash & dyno tune which will get even better performance can't wait to get the before & after numbers. Seriously he lives this every day he can save you a lot of wasted time & money gets expensive when buying same parts 2 or 3 times.

Give Frank a call at Power House! I wish I had found out about him before I had purchased the Two Brothers Juice Box years ago. I make good power but he was able to tell me the benefits & further management with the PC5 in about 6seconds. Wasted $ now have to change over, flash & dyno tune which will get even better performance can't wait to get the before & after numbers. Seriously he lives this every day he can save you a lot of wasted time & money gets expensive when buying same parts 2 or 3 times.

Good advice. I emailed Frank earlier this week and decided his flash is likely all I need for my purposes. Riding tomorrow morning, then will pull the ECU and mail it off to him.

Good advice. I emailed Frank earlier this week and decided his flash is likely all I need for my purposes. Riding tomorrow morning, then will pull the ECU and mail it off to him.
Good move I was going to have Shintz flash my ECU then thought what am I doing Frank is on the org. & does not have you check off a few items on a generic order sheet to figure out what you need/want done. With him you know it will be done right and not just assume it was because they put a sticker on your ECU.

Good move I was going to have Shintz flash my ECU then thought what am I doing Frank is on the org. & does not have you check off a few items on a generic order sheet to figure out what you need/want done. With him you know it will be done right and not just assume it was because they put a sticker on your ECU.
and also… frank answers phone calls... helps out when u need help... old school stuff....

Back