4 - 1 exhaust check list

john32303

Registered
i have an 06 busa was gonna do the following:

4 - 1 muzzy exhaust
k&n air filter
power commander III

do i just bolt the exhaust on, put in teh power commander and im good to go or is there more that i have to do?

thanks for you help
john

You can simply bolt on the exhaust and PC and it will be fine, however if your trying to get the most out of your setup I'd suggest that you have it dyno tuned or at the least find a map thats close to your mods.

don't forget to get up to 88 mph and switch on the time circuits.
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

while your in the air box ... might as well do the air box mod and change around the velocity stacks...and if I remember right you can go to the power commander web site and down load a map that should get you close to where you want to be. Just a couple Cheep ways to get few extra HP.
cool.gif

Get some heat shielding for around the inside of the fairings. Install where the exhaust runs close. Adhesive backed, clean area with rubbing alcohol.

r8

Rap your pipes with some type of exhaust rap. I did mine and it helped cooling and moved the sound out to the back of the bike.

Use a rear AND front stand. It can be done with only a rear as I learned but a front would have made my life much easier.

While the airbox is off doing the small airbox mod... might as well clean the inside of the throttle bodies at the butterfly (residue collects) and snyc it.Perhaps a plug change since your there.

It's a slippery slope...

New exhaust gaskets
remove pair valve
New air filter!
Pc with map to start with
Then a good dyno tune!
+1

make sure you do the block-off and load a map into your power commander unless you want it to run like crap.

download the map from their web site based on your setup.
If you get it tuned on a dyno your results will be even better.

oh yea, make sure you have good clearnace between the pipes and your fairings.

New exhaust gaskets
remove pair valve
New air filter!
Pc with map to start with
Then a good dyno tune!
+1

make sure you do the block-off and load a map into your power commander unless you want it to run like crap.

download the map from their web site based on your setup.
If you get it tuned on a dyno your results will be even better.

oh yea, make sure you have good clearnace between the pipes and your fairings.
That's a good point on the clearance with the plastics. You can adjust the clearance by moving the muffler back and forth.

... add the Dynojet's ignition module to the list . It controls the ignition timing of the engine . It is connected to the PCIII USB with it's built in expansion port link and communicates via a CAN interface . As in the case of the Power Commander , the Dynojet Ignition Module uses OEM style connectors to plug in-line of the stock ignition harness so no cutting or splicing is required . The Dynojet Ignition Module uses "direct coil driver technology" and allows a high degree of timing adjustment . In the Power commander Control Center Software the user is able to advance or retard the ignition curve up to 10 degrees based on throttle position and RPM . It is also possible to alter the timing for each cylinder individually .

don't know of any tuners who touch the ignition timming on a stock other than filter & exhaust busa engine...

IMO, for your combo I wouldn't spend the $$$'s

I just got my brock megaphone exh from cat3. Just got to find time to put it on. Seems like a pretty straight forward bolt on project(once you get the plastic off.)

Save some money, the oem air filter does the job on a stock bike. You can download a map(s) for a specific combination,

Back