Remapped ECU vs Power Commander

aowash

Registered
I am getting great torque and Hp, but my friends keep telling me to buy a power commander. Problem is my Busa is faster then theirs even with the addtional chrome on my bike.

151 RWHp
92.3lbs Torque

Has anyone done the same or can you really get more out of the Power Commander, I mean putting a map in and tweaking it is all the same no matter how you do it, just the power commander is more convenient. Help guys, this is a big topic where I am at!!!!!!!! Almost an argument.............

I went the same route when I first got my 01. Bought the K&N, Yosh slip-ons,,..........but didn't have enough cash to buy the PC at that time. $50 for a reflash appealed to me,..........so I did it. Power was up a little,........but gas mileage suffered.

Within the next year,.......I installed the PC,.......and tried several different maps. The power felt even better,..........but gas mileage suffered even worse. Stock was around 40 mpg,.......and now,......33 was my average. The muffler outlets got darker too,........so obviously,......I was running too rich. And too rich robs horsepower.

I purchased an Innovate Motorsports wideband setup,.........and worked with the mapping for a total of a few hours,......here and there. Now,.......the dyno shows 175 hp,.......and gas mileage is 45 mpg. Lesson learned!!!!!!!

So,........long story short,............If you decide PC,.........definitely have it tuned if you do not have the equipment to do so. You will make the most power,........and have the best fuel economy if the tuner is well experienced. Good luck on your decisions!!!

I used the Teka box on my 08 after installing a full M4 exhaust and gained 7 additional ponies. On the dyno the fuel maping didn't need much tuning. A slight tweek here and there and she runs like a scalded dog and as smooth as a baby's butt!

We don't use the PC on any of or suzuki's. The stock ECU tune with the Teka box does a very good job.

I used the Teka box on my 08 after installing a full M4 exhaust and gained 7 additional ponies. On the dyno the fuel maping didn't need much tuning. A slight tweek here and there and she runs like a scalded dog and as smooth as a baby's butt!

We don't use the  PC on any of or suzuki's. The stock ECU tune with the Teka box does a very good job.
Hey Tufbusa,.......just curious,.......do you know the A/F ratios in the higher RPM's using the Teka box? Also,....did you gas mileage decrease? Thanks for the info.

Hi everyone, I am from Singapore and I own a 06 busa. My busa fuel consumption is abt 180KM before e reverse indicator light up. Anyone know what will be my problem. I have just change my spocket, done my injection cleaning and tuning my air flow.. Hope will get some info from some expert. Btw my muffer outlet is fill with black carbon.

I'd have to dig the A/F print out to be exact but we did end up with a nice flat line all the way to WOT. We only had to add a little fuel at idle up to 20% throttle.

I can't tell you about mileage as the bike only had 150 miles on the odometer at the time and I have not checked the mileage since. I think I only have around 1200 miles now?

Mileage will vary in big numbers according to how hard you ride the beast. I think my mileage varies from around 30 up to somewhere in the 40's.

IMHO I think you are much better off to spend the money on a dyno/Teka box tune over a PC with boiler plate maping from dynoJet.

i have black on my exhaust tip
sad.gif

See what I mean, even on this post the results are conflicting. But wow 175Hp GSXR-1300-T, that is amazing, just guess I am going to have to take the plung and go with one or the other.

I Can only speak from personal experience.
You know the mods I have from the other forum with "Velocity Stacks"￾
The PCIII works great for me. I have tons of power, drive it medium hard and still get 50 mpg"¦go figure.
The map is what makes all the difference.
It is like a computer "“ only as good as the software.
Any box with the right map should do the job.
Find out where you will get the best map and go with that box and support.

IMO

Mike A

Back