Ecu flash vs Power commander

thet2

Registered
Hi Guys,

I've looked around and did many searches but did not find a concrete answer.

I've got a 2002 busa and util recently wasreally running like ****, the pump was full of crap.

(Pump cleaned)The bike now runs really good apart from part throttle opening (very very noticeble in the city)

It's pretty stock apart from full exhaust micron 4-2-1,

was considering the PC3 for its semplicity but is the flashing of the ecu difficult?

any risks of bad flashes? if so can it be reflashed again?

Is it possible to see the actual readings when the bike is on (not actually flashing) just reading sensors output?

Gregg, you do any discounts for users from the forum :p ?

forgot to mention, i'm in the south of france, heres the closest tuner is about a day away riding. thats why i need to do it myself.

thet2
you cleaned the FP ? I didnt know you could take it apart,,Ive not had any problems in that area...so im ignorant there,,,Any additional gaskets needed to crack the FP open ?,,,,,,and how many miles are on your 02 and what type of fuel were you running in it to accumulate the deposits or bottom of the fuel tank [ at gas stations ] crap? Gas stations are to stick their tanks and quit selling fuel when it gets so low to keep this from happening,,,you might want totry a different station or fuel to keep this from reacurring....
What the easiest procedure to take the pump apart to clean it ,,,,,,,

The fuel pump is quite easy to remove, just the bolts at the bottom (6 or 8 i cant remember).

Once the pump is out you have a screen in the bottom of the feed, thats where it was gunked up. Then you have the main filter, what i did it turn it around and flushed it in the opposite way to the flow, it's an old trick i used to do on field bikes. It wont be as new but will get alot of the crap out already, then i give it a good blast with compressed air., be careful as theres an O ring between the screen and the filter unit.

The dirt is an accumulation of 8 years of biking, i guess it was never inspected yet alone cleaned. runs really good now just the full exhaust needs a bit tuning in with a PC3 or flashing the ECU.

Here in france it's rare to find a tuner, the bikes are limited to under 106HP (usually :p )

I'll eventually get it dyno'd but i'd like to get it running reasonably well for city riding as it's my only transport.

PS: over 60000km and still sweet as a nut. starts first time everytime and no oil comsumption (at least no visible between the servicing).

Thanks
T2

received the flash box today, (thanks greg)

I did a basic setup, removed retard, changed the top speed limit and had a play with the dials and gauges.

Very cool the software from Petrik (thanks!!!)

One thing i was suprised of was there was no LED's on the flash unit which would of been nice, but other than that, works very well.

Back