Flash ECU or PCIII

Hbusa

Registered
So I'm running a Yosh RS-3 full system with a flashed ECU. Today, I swapped out the can for a baffled shorty tip. Love the look and the low sounding growl, but the bikes now runs extremely sloppy, especially at mid to high rpms.

Obviously, the bike needs to remapped but I'm torn between re-flashing the ECU based on new dyno readings, or just install a PCIII. I doubt I will do any more performance mods (maybe small airbox mod).

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Love this site!!

Download the powercommander baffled shorty tip file or something similar and flash your ECU with that. Put it on the dyno and check if it's safe. If it was me I would stick with the RS3 though.

Flashing the ECU is the way to go,you can do other tuning to it.Its a long run thing.

Download the powercommander baffled shorty tip file or something similar and flash your ECU with that. Put it on the dyno and check if it's safe. If it was me I would stick with the RS3 though.

Thanks for your input. I'm curious as to why you would stick with the Yosh Can.

Here's what I did. Last night I finished the small air box and pair valve mods. I just dropped bike off at Lee's Perfomance to have ECU reflashed and dyno tuned with a custom map. I can always add a PC down the road.

PM me if anyone wants to take this RS-3 off my hands.

Back