Ecu Editor Bench Flashing Issues

Busashot

Registered
Well this sucks big time. In the past 2 months I benched flashed 4 ECUs without any issues. Last night I went to reflash one of them for some adjustments made. Worked fine and upon returning from a test ride, I pulled the ECU to reflash another adjustment. I reinstalled it into the bike and went to crank it over but did not get a FP prime. I reseated the connectors but no go. So I pulled it and reconnected the ECU to the flasher. I try to connect to Engine Data but it will not connect to the ECU. I get the typical message to "Restart the engine..." but it does not flash on and off like it usually does and turning the ECU off/on makes no difference. Ugh. I grab an ECU that has been flashed and installed into the bike. Works fine.......of course.....

So I get a spare to flash and it flashes fine. But once I try to connect to the Engine Data it does the same thing. I currently do not have a bike to install it to verify FP prime, etc.. I tried another ECU (number 3) and same thing happened to it. OMG! In fact, all 3 ECUS can be reflashed as many times I want but apparently the FP circuit is fried in all of them......What the hell happened? All the wires seem fine going into the connector of the flasher and ECU end.

So I guess I need someone to tell me to trash this flasher and good luck next time? Frank "Powerhouse"?

What is the brand name your flash tool,
do you have option to use the same ecu part number do you have option to chose the region like eu/au us/

Try reinstalling the drivers and rebooting your computer . . . your ecu is not fried.

Well I have been working on this for way too many hours. Tried my other laptop, other flasher, reinstalled drivers. Tried a couple other bin files too. So just for kicks I tried the stock bin freshly created by ECU Editor. Works! Ugh I have some corrupt bin files....

Back