gen I ecu editor help

methodicreign

Registered
i have been trying everything I can think of and I cannot get my laptop to connect to the bike ecu.
I have an 01 bike with an 05 ecu and rotor. I hooked up the harness exactly as instructed from the webite, however when I try to connect I get a miriad of different error messages. I set up the com port to 3 same as my device manager. all the software is installed properly as far as I know. when I try to connect for engine data the com port is not set properly and when I go to engine data only mode the error says the ecu power is off or in flash mode or the com port is not configured but I have a green light next to the com port indicator on screen and the clock is correct on the laptop screen as well. the only thing I an think of is the wiring is rong but its an 01 bie that does not need to be pinned. it runs fine and i have been using the 32 bit ecu for almost a year with no issues.

the newest issue that started just this morning, I fippedthe switch on my interface from enbgine data to flash and it shut down my computer. thinking it was a coincidence i restarted the computer and did it again and th computer instantly shut down again. I am pretty good with computers and mechanics and wiring and cannot see where I am going wrong. any help would be appreciated. hope this post wasnt too confusing

Are you using windows 7?
Are you using computer as administrator or just a user?
bike in neutral with key on and run switch set to run?

yes, windows 7 starter service pack 1 32 bit
admiistrator prfie and right clicked ""run as administrator"
and yes neutral key on switch on run even tried cycling the bike power a few times just to be sure

check the wire you spliced in and plug wire you removed as sometimes the wire it's not sliced thru so no data

i was going over all my connections this evening and i broke the in on the red wire. I'll have to track down a new pin or get a new harness unless i can solice that into some other wire i dont have a color code for the harness. not sure if thats power or what voltage if it is. thanks for your help goldenchild, your reputation for knowing your sh!t preceeds you

Back