DIY Ecu Flashing Interface

nintastio

Registered
I've been reading up on ECU flashing since I will need to disable the pair valve in the ECU but a lot of the info seems either out dated or the links are broken.

Is using ECU editor still the way to go for a basic flash on a 2000 Hayabusa with a 2002 ECU? I see BoostbySmith is the go to vendor for this stuff, but I also read about building your own harness but again ran into a lot of broken links or missing pictures.

If ECU editor is still the way to go where can I find a guide on building my own harness? I am very comfortable with a soldering iron and a wiring diagram.

I love hands on stuff myself. But my time, material and convenience doesn't add up to the small price of Greg Smith product. For me anyway, and gen 1 doesn't need ecu to disable pair valve. Just pop it off and block it off , no codes here, that's only for those high class gen 2.

I love hands on stuff myself. But my time, material and convenience doesn't add up to the small price of Greg Smith product. For me anyway, and gen 1 doesn't need ecu to disable pair valve. Just pop it off and block it off , no codes here, that's only for those high class gen 2.
I'm a weirdo and I enjoy making wiring harnesses and tinkering with electronics. His prices are more than fair and I may go that route just so I don't have to source the specialty connectors. Everything else I have on hand. Building go fast computers is more of a main hobby than go fast vehicles for me.

I was curious about needing to disable the pair valve in the ECU since it has no electronics attached to it. Didn't see how it would even know once you block off all the ports. Thanks for the heads up!

I'm a weirdo and I enjoy making wiring harnesses and tinkering with electronics. His prices are more than fair and I may go that route just so I don't have to source the specialty connectors. Everything else I have on hand. Building go fast computers is more of a main hobby than go fast vehicles for me.

I was curious about needing to disable the pair valve in the ECU since it has no electronics attached to it. Didn't see how it would even know once you block off all the ports. Thanks for the heads up!
I've been looking for a while at the DMC m22520/1-01 crimps myself. Just don't think I would ever get my money's worth with my usage. Good luck

Back